• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sluggish seat belt retraction

asymptonic

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Original driver side seat belt is only retracting 80%. Would replace but of course no available parts. Is this something that could be safely fixed with lubrication disassembly or no? I don't want to mess with safety here but with parts (un)availability it's tricky.

Thet "can" be rebuilt, but depending on what's wrong could be beyond your capabilities. There are services like this one....... https://seatbeltrepair.com/

Also, sometimes the webbing gets stiff from dirt, moisture, kinks (from getting caught in car door).

Mine will retract all the way but I have to guide it up by the buckle.

I did take them out to clean them however, the spring has weakened to the point it won't retract all the way on it's own.

Also, sometimes the webbing gets stiff from dirt, moisture, kinks (from getting caught in car door).

Mine will retract all the way but I have to guide it up by the buckle.

I did take them out to clean them however, the spring has weakened to the point it won't retract all the way on it's own.

Pretty sure this is my situation. I'll do some light inspection of it but I bet it's the clockspring wearing out. :(

Back