• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slick Rock night run

I want to encourage people to go that want a little more of a challenge but at the same time I don't want to get some people in over their heads.

Yeah I would say if you can't run a good trail without a spotter guiding you, a night run might be a bad idea. Slick Rock is not that hard of a trail but if you don't know what to watch out for you could end up on your lid fast.

With that said this is not my run, and I don't make up the rules.

For more information keep reading all the threads in the SierraFest section, most all the questions have been answered at least once, and more information will be posted soon.

That's pretty good advice too.

What's funny is some difficult spots on any trail are sometimes easier to run at night when you can't see anything and don't know how hard the obstacle really is :)

So true, and it also helps when you can't tell how far of a drop off it is if you don't make it!!!!! :eyes:

thanks guys. To be honest i have never been on a legit trail so idk if it would be the best for me right meow. But im going to try and get on a couple trails before sierrafest so i dont look like a totally newb out there. Thanks for the help

if this is a friday night run im down as where i can leave reno after work... anyclue which day for sure or what time?

if this is a friday night run im down as where i can leave reno after work... anyclue which day for sure or what time?

We will all be up there before friday night buddy, :D
Are you coming up on friday?

No problem. Going on some trail runs prior to SierraFest is a good thing to do. Don't worry about being a newbie though. We are newbie friendly. :cheers:

That is a good thing Eric, I am a newbie... :wave:

Its still early. We haven't decided on Thursday vs Friday night yet and I want to leave that open until closer to the event. As far as time goes, I am planning on leaving Hermit Valley around dusk so we aren't gone too late into the night.
ok cool i just gotta figure out what time i gotta leave work in reno on friday to meet up with ya guys...

There is going to be a full moon on the 26th, should make for some cool pictures during the night run!

Looking forward to this.

Josh

Thats good (or maybe bad in a way too?) We started the Rubicon one time in the dark with a full moon and with the reflection off the slabs it was close to daylight. You could walk around easily without a flashlight. It was very cool indeed.

Eric is right about the full moon wheelin being awesome, that rubicon trip we took is still one of my favorite wheeling experiences ever. We used our rock lights, but you barely even needed them with how bright it was. Slick rock will be very fun at night...

Back