• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Since your(SUA SPONTE) pm box is full....

Thanks for all the compliments guys! And for those who are interested.....sorry, no :). After doing this project for Tom, I'm realizing how much value there is in my Jeep, that I'll never get back. It's very time consuming, and I don't have a whole lot of extra time right now. Maybe down the road I will take on some extra projects, but other stuff, like my family, needs to take priority over my hobbies.

You are right on there. If you figure the additional time to cut out the rockers, cut the metal to size, weld it together, weld it into place, paint the finished project PLUS pay the guy doing the work his hourly wage & benefits, shop insurance, rent, electric bill, etc. You ae going to rapidly exceed the cost of bolt ons. Never underestimate the value of a friend who is willing to help or some one who is willing to do you a favor.

The over all cost for materials for the rockers and the bumper was right around $250. I would think that a shop would charge well over a grand in labor for the rockers and a simple bumper. This one will be nicer than a "simple" bumper ;)

You are right on there. If you figure the additional time to cut out the rockers, cut the metal to size, weld it together, weld it into place, paint the finished project PLUS pay the guy doing the work his hourly wage & benefits, shop insurance, rent, electric bill, etc. You ae going to rapidly exceed the cost of bolt ons. Never underestimate the value of a friend who is willing to help or some one who is willing to do you a favor.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying the labor isn't expensive...just saying the actual paper written cost (materials) was less then bolt on's.

Jeremy's work is definately nice, and obviously takes a good amount of time.

~Scott

Tom is a tool! He never returns PM's and is quite a shady guy. Watch out!

Just kidding dammit. Tom give me a call when you get a chance you turd! It looks like you are having fun.

JOHN

What's with these Army guys not answering phones?

:)

dont look at me, i answer my phone unless i'm home at my folks. (cell doesnt get service)

Tom...when you coming up here? Gime a ring.

~Scott

Trimmed rear quarters.
TomsJeep004-1.jpg

TomsJeep001-1.jpg

Early bumper progress.
TomsJeep009.jpg

TomsJeep008-1.jpg

TomsJeep011-1.jpg

Tire carrier mock-up tacked together. Material used is 2x2 .180 wall square tube for main support, and 1.5" x .120 wall DOM for the rest.
TomsJeep012-1.jpg

Finished.
TomsJeep018.jpg

TomsJeep019.jpg

TomsJeep020.jpg

TomsJeep021.jpg

Jeremy,
As I have said many times, There are very few people who can touch the quality of your work.

Very nice!!

Happy New Year.
Michael

Jeremy,

Really nice work on the bumper and rockers. You inspire me, I might just put the Wii controller down and head out in the garage.

Ill take one minus the carrier, thanks. :D

Just joking with ya ofcourse, but once again that is some awesome fab work. Tom is one hell of a lucky guy.

-Lyle

Yeah, he made $75 off me and didnt even give me everything with the thors he was supposed to. I thought everyone in this club could be trusted too.

X40068357 on the good work though Jeremy.

~Scott

Scott, I feel bad you feel cheated. I didn't have to give you the guys info who I bought these off of, but I did to help you out. What He sold them to me for is irrelevant due to the fact you wanted them for the agreed price. Buyers remorse? You shouldn't have any as the thors are a great product worth their cost. As I responded to your P.M. earlier, you got a deal. L.E.D.'s plus thors for under the price of new thors. I just got a better one from the previous seller.
When you got a "hands on" these in the safe way lot, I showed you the lack of a wire harness from the one side. You told me your dad is an electric engineer and it shouldn't be a problem.
Your attempt to slander my name here doesnt carry much weight in my opinion, and I am tired of your text messages and p.m's. I found the plates you asked for, and will gladly mail them to you. If there is anything I can do to resolve this situation, please give me a call and we can talk it over. Or you can just keep posting on the public forum about how bad of a guy I am.
One more thing: I'm no financial adviser, but I feel obligated to let you know that it is no fault of mine your account is over drawn. Jeep parts can be expensive, but there are ingenious ways to do allot of things for cheaper than the next guy, and many share those ideas on this site.
You may have to ask yourself if spending money you don't have Is a good idea.
Look forward to seeing you on the trails. If I ever saw you stuck or broken I would give you a hand......****ing my buddies is not what I am about.
rltw

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Those should go for $300+, realistically THOR's don't lose value. Unless they are from Matt. :rolleyes:

-Alex

I don't believe i paid to much for thors, had everything been included. I feel dumb because I didn't realize how much was missing with the thors on the spot, I only figured the plugs for one side of the lights was, and at the time that didn't seem like a big deal. Since the plate didn't come with the thors I already purchased metal to replace that, although I do appreciate you finding them, you may as well keep them now.

Bottom line, sorry for sounding completely crazy, but drugs do that to you. (still recovering from my wisdom teeth being removed) Sorry this had to go public, but you haven't replied to my recent messages to sort this out.

However, Tom, for the record, I would have appreciated it if you more clearly explained to me that the thors did not come with the connections for one side, did not have the plates to cover up the stock holes, did not come with the original hardware (not flush screws, but oversized torx), and had a paint job in rough shape. You made the Thors sound like they were in near perfect shape, and had everything included, but they were not infact in that condition. If it had been day time, I can assure you I would not have given you your asking price (which I had tried to get a little lower in the beginning, where you still would have made a $50 profit) but since it was hard to see I just desided to trust you for the deal I was getting.

~Scott

P.S. Just because you can sell something for more, doesnt mean you should. I can appreciate trying to get what you deserve, but reselling stuff you never used for more then what you paid, on the same website, and not including everything you got in the original deal, is just not cool.

EDIT: Thors are $325, and lights would cost me $80, I paid the same either way after new hardware and the correct lights (2 lights are broken).

Back