• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Since your(SUA SPONTE) pm box is full....

JBweld

NAXJA Forum User
Here's some progress pics for you.

Tom and I did some trading, and my part of the deal was to fab up some stuff on his late model XJ. . He came up last Saturday to drop the Jeep off, and helped out by cutting sheetmetal most of the morning.

Scrap.
TomsJeep014.jpg

He wanted rockers with tube stand off's, so I fabbed up some out of 3"x4"x 180 wall rec. tube and 1 1/4" tube on the outside.
TomsJeep001.jpg

TomsJeep003.jpg

Rosette welds in the rocker.
TomsJeep005.jpg

"Anti-Alex" frame tie-ins using 2x2 tube.
TomsJeep004.jpg

Removing the side trim was easy, the adhesive was not. :bang: A heat gun worked the best.
TomsJeep006.jpg

As usual VERY SWEET WORK Jeremy! Looks great. Did you happen to take pics of the rocker replacemnent prior to install? The Rocker Roller thread has disappeared and it would be great to get a new thread showing your design.

As usual VERY SWEET WORK Jeremy! Looks great. Did you happen to take pics of the rocker replacemnent prior to install? The Rocker Roller thread has disappeared and it would be great to get a new thread showing your design.

Thanks. I might have some pics of mine from a few years ago. But that would be "tech", and off topic ;)

Nice stuff...so this is what Tom was talking about when he said he had to pick up some of your work, Jeremy. :)

~Scott

Merry Christmas every one! Sitting here in the barracks was getting pretty depressing but how can a guy be down when his rig looks that good. Jeremy you are the shit. Yeah Bruno This jeep has it ALL! A headliner, passenger seat.......carpet!

My bolt up sliders were 300 to my door, and the ones Jeremy did were the full replacements fully welded to the frame and below the door...so definately more than what I paid for some JCRs.

-Lyle
:eyes:

Well I bet it was less...just time consuming. Considering he made the stuff himself, saves ya money.

~Scott

:eyes:

Well I bet it was less...just time consuming. Considering he made the stuff himself, saves ya money.

~Scott

Less for Jeremy to fab it, yes. But I was thinking more in the situation of going to a local shop, telling them what you want, and having them do it. If you have the hook ups it would be cheaper...but if your just walking in the door and giving them the go ahead, I would imagine it would be more than your basic bolt ups.

-Lyle

Yeah if I can sell my 31's then i'll be going 33's. Just cant get over how well its turned out so far. my jeep has never been my own background before!

Merry Christmas every one! Sitting here in the barracks was getting pretty depressing but how can a guy be down when his rig looks that good. Jeremy you are the shit. Yeah Bruno This jeep has it ALL! A headliner, passenger seat.......carpet!

why in the world were you in the barracks for xmas? you shoulda told me, i woulda drug you home over the passes with me.

Less for Jeremy to fab it, yes. But I was thinking more in the situation of going to a local shop, telling them what you want, and having them do it. If you have the hook ups it would be cheaper...but if your just walking in the door and giving them the go ahead, I would imagine it would be more than your basic bolt ups.

-Lyle

You are right on there. If you figure the additional time to cut out the rockers, cut the metal to size, weld it together, weld it into place, paint the finished project PLUS pay the guy doing the work his hourly wage & benefits, shop insurance, rent, electric bill, etc. You ae going to rapidly exceed the cost of bolt ons. Never underestimate the value of a friend who is willing to help or some one who is willing to do you a favor.

Back