• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Since Tellico is Closed, how about Gulches?

Mark WNC said:
Someone mentioned going to Gulches on 12/29
I have never been and would like to go so ring in if
your interested.

Mark... I dont want to knock Gulches (since I've never been there)... but I've never heard anything positive from anyone I wheel with about it... All I've heard is it's tight muddy gulches and not worth the drive... Again please dont bash me... I'm not bashing it personally... I've never been there ... just stating what I've heard.

If you're interested... there's going to be a fairly large group at Callalantee (Mountain City, TN)... I've got a post up about it on here... We'll be there the 28, 29, and maybe 30th.

Chris

uncc civilengineer said:
Mark... I dont want to knock Gulches (since I've never been there)... but I've never heard anything positive from anyone I wheel with about it... All I've heard is it's tight muddy gulches and not worth the drive... Again please dont bash me... I'm not bashing it personally... I've never been there ... just stating what I've heard.

If you're interested... there's going to be a fairly large group at Callalantee (Mountain City, TN)... I've got a post up about it on here... We'll be there the 28, 29, and maybe 30th.

Chris

We've got a group going to Gulches 12/29 and would love for plenty to show up! I've never been there either but its not but 30 minutes up the road. I'll let you guys know what it's like. I'll post tons of pics!

Sounds good to me... all of the guys im talking about trailer their rigs... that may have something to do w/ it IDK.... Change my mind and i'd be down for meeting up w/ some of you sometime in the future...

ON a side note... I ABSOLUTELY HATE MUD! I avoid it at all cost.... IF the trails are majority "mud".. I have no desire to go there...

This would be great! Tho you guys can't get the wrong Idea about me! lol This will be my rigs maiden voyage and I'm gunna take it easy. I still don't have gears, front and rear bumper or sliders! My winch is still riding around in the back... I fancy my body panels but I'd love to go take it easy and meet all you guys! UNCC: I've not been there yet but from the pictures I see I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I assume you've seen the site. http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/

There is mud but it seems easily avoidable.

I'm pretty sure that I want to Camp that night!

Last edited:
Been there, done that, and can't wait to go again. There is is some mud, but you can go around it. If it's raining, it IS slick (don't you just love carolina red clay.....), but the mud holes are there for the people who like to play in them. There are some good twisty sections that you can have fun flexing on. If you want to see some pics, go to tnt4wd.org and check out some of the pics on there. I also have some more pics if you want tot see them. Just PM me you email and I will send them to you. I would post them here, but work has some stupid rules about accessing photo sharing sites.

The pic of the XJ with the rear in the air is mine BTW. I was trying to be cute and just hit the edge of a mud hole. There was plenty of room to go around, I was just being stupid.:twak: There was a sign that said the hole was deep.... I didn't realize how deep until the mud was up to the fender flare. I'm sitting on 33's with a 4.5" RC lift so you guys know how far it is to the fender flare on the front :laugh3: .

A buddy of mine has a pic of his XJ being dragged out after busting his D35. He just put a locker in the night before....

Looking forward to meeting everyone. And my name will be in RED soon. I am sending in my $ next Friday. :woohoo:

Let me know on this. I'll be in Aiken for Christmas thill the new year. 60-70 miles to Gulches per PC Miller.

I was also just informed that on the 29th there will be a guided night ride. I WILL be there along with several other guys from here. Also from what I hear a good many of the guys from Lakelands 4wd will be there also. It should be lots of fun. I plan to get there around 9am and I'll be there till the cows go home.

Who's gunna be there?

#1 - Me
#2 -
#3 -
#4 -
#5 -
#6 -

Nobody has said anything about rocks.
If its just trails and mud holes I'll go somewhere else.
I just look over things on their website and
I may go just to check it out.

Last edited:
lowrange2 said:
I was also just informed that on the 29th there will be a guided night ride. I WILL be there along with several other guys from here. Also from what I hear a good many of the guys from Lakelands 4wd will be there also. It should be lots of fun. I plan to get there around 9am and I'll be there till the cows go home.

Who's gunna be there?

#1 - Me
#2 - SCupstateXJ
#3 -
#4 -
#5 -
#6 -

Mark WNC said:
Nobody has said anything about rocks.
If its just trails and mud holes I'll go somewhere else.
I just look over things on their website and
I may go just to check it out.

They have rocks.... Go to their website and click into their forum section. They have a section about their trails. They have some pics of the new rock ledge they exposed in the Trick and Traction rock garden.

BTW. Shipwreck, Rockerknocker, and Cupcake all have rocky sections in them. If that is not enough, they have a man made rock garden that consist of concrete culverts of various sizes. I have seen that rock garden give "built" rigs fits.

lowrange2 said:
Sweet You're all in! Put ur name on the list... pretty please!

Hey Andy, you gonna have those TSL's mounted on your heep before the run?

I don't know about everyone else, but I am looking forward to seeing your ride actually get dirty is going to be worth the price of admission.....:laugh3:

Back