• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2015 Information and discussion thread

In the past we've camped in the trees at this location...https://www.google.com/maps/dir/37....,-119.1533111,3515m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0 ... Ben, or Bryon, or whoever, let me know if this is the wrong spot. It looked like the right spot on the map, but I haven't been up there in a few years.

Thats the spot

That will be the initial meeting area. The actual BBQ and raffle will be held just a bit further down in a more open area. Once we finish up our scout run a few weeks before the run we will have a more detailed location for the event.

Is anyone towing from sacramento? We might need someone to bring a propane grill down...

Is his propane ?
we are trying to get a hold of him.
there are fire restrictions up there. propane only is what we are getting.

Looks like pretty ideal weather!
Hot on the Monday and Tuesday. In the high 80s/90s

We'll see as it gets closer!

Plan on bringing some cold weather camping gear. It was beautiful during the day but got into the mid 30's at night at Grouse Lake and the low 40's at Dinkey Creek overnight. Plan accordingly.

Better to bring severe cold clothes and not need them than not bring them and need them. Also same for sleeping bags

Plan on bringing some cold weather camping gear. It was beautiful during the day but got into the mid 30's at night at Grouse Lake and the low 40's at Dinkey Creek overnight. Plan accordingly.

Weather at the higher elevations can be unpredictable as well. Always good to be prepared for thunderstorms too.

Hey guys....

I don't have a gas grill and borrowing one is out of the question due to the fact that they are all extremely large. Sorry guys :-(

I will still be cooking though :)

Hey guys....

I don't have a gas grill and borrowing one is out of the question due to the fact that they are all extremely large. Sorry guys :-(

I will still be cooking though :)

I will have mine for you to cook on. Its a little small for a large group of people but we are trying to round up another one too.

I will have mine for you to cook on. Its a little small for a large group of people but we are trying to round up another one too.

yeah even if we get like 3-4 smaller grills we would be fine.

Back