• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapters First 2006 Event!!

basalt51 said:
The first one has a gas station and small shopping center around it with Fosters freeze and longs etc. That is where everyone should be.

Correct. And for those staying overnight on Friday night, I suggest stopping at that store for supplies and gas before heading up hwy 168 into Shaver Lake.

Mark, Scrappy is staying with us. We will wind up meeting Scrappy and the group at the Bald Mountain trailhead. We can go there straight from the cabin. I know the way.

Bryan C. said:
Correct. And for those staying overnight on Friday night, I suggest stopping at that store for supplies and gas before heading up hwy 168 into Shaver Lake.

Mark, Scrappy is staying with us. We will wind up meeting Scrappy and the group at the Bald Mountain trailhead. We can go there straight from the cabin. I know the way.

SWEET - Thanks.

And if I would have known Scrappy was staying with us, I would not have agreed to stay at that cabin - HAHAHAHA - J/K :cheers:

SharkXJ said:
SWEET - Thanks.

And if I would have known Scrappy was staying with us, I would not have agreed to stay at that cabin - HAHAHAHA - J/K :cheers:

No kidding! :nono:

Sorry I will miss this one, take lots of photos and show me what a good time I missed!

Letterman said:
Sorry I will miss this one, take lots of photos and show me what a good time I missed!

I wish I could be there. Have too many bugs to work out in my newly lifted rig. Next run should be farther north!?!

Slonopotam said:
MapPoint shows that there are 2 intersections of 168 and Auberry one mile apart. I was hoping to have time to get to the second one if there is nobody at the first one.

I do not have a CB yet, just FRS, which is supposed to work for a couple of miles. Should we agree on some particular channel and code to use ?

I'll be hanging back for any stragglers. This also gives me an excuse to be late! :laugh3:

The 168/auberry intersection you want is the one with the chevron gas station on the corner. you cannot miss it.

I personally dont have a CB in the new jeep yet, but for those that do... channel 4 is what those of us in this area run.

It is supposed to be snowing, so the CHP will MOST DEFFINATLY be checking vehicles for chains. I think we have made it clear, that you are going to need to have some :laugh3:

See yall in the morning.

Back