• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapters First 2006 Event!!

I am up for Pizza if there is going to be a gathering after the run.

I will not be on the run though. I only like snow for about 10 minutes, unless it is late spring and 70+ degrees outside. It looks like there are a series of storms hitting later this week and weekend, so there should be tons of new snow (unless it is another warm storm).

Well here is a picture from last weekend. the ONLY one i could get.

411959544_l.jpg

Those are 37s and were floating good under a 5200lbs rig until the sun made the snow to wet.

Is it possible to mandate all the necessary shopping/fueling the day before to save time for the snow ?

if you need to do that, there is a gas station and big grocery store in prather.

i am getting gas there. just plan ahead and get there early

Slonopotam said:
Is it possible to mandate all the necessary shopping/fueling the day before to save time for the snow ?

Oh sure, bring that up. :gag:

Hopefully we'll all be ready to go early.

So, what time are we meeting again?

We will all meet in Prather, Ca in the grocery store parking lot. The parking lot is located on Highway 168 and Auberry Rd. Mapquest will be able to give you accurate directions to the intersection. Please arrive at 8am and we will be hitting the road at 8:30 sharp.

AREYOULIVING said:
Anybody going from the Sacto area??
It's quite a haul for a day run. If you're planning on attending, I suggest you plan on staying down there at least one night, either Friday night or Saturday night. I'm staying both nights.

Don't forget your chains.

Phil said:
It's quite a haul for a day run. If you're planning on attending, I suggest you plan on staying down there at least one night, either Friday night or Saturday night. I'm staying both nights.

Don't forget your chains.

When are you leaving?

Well.... its really close now.

Just to let people know, I will be getting into prather at 7:30 and leaving the lot at 8ish.... ChuckD has stepped up to hang out a little later. This weekend we will probly have some snow falling on us, which is a blast.

Expect to be back in prather no later than 7pm. Remember that we can do pizza as a group, or people can scatter and head home. Which after a day in the snow, sounds really good!

I wont beable to check in tomorrow at all, so if you need to get ahold of me directly. PM ChuckD for my contact info.

Hope to see alot of new faces on the trails!

Matt

Scrappy said:

Just to let people know, I will be getting into prather at 7:30 and leaving the lot at 8ish....

We will all meet in Prather, Ca in the grocery store parking lot. The parking lot is located on Highway 168 and Auberry Rd. Mapquest will be able to give you accurate directions to the intersection. Please arrive at 8am and we will be hitting the road at 8:30 sharp.
MapPoint shows that there are 2 intersections of 168 and Auberry one mile apart. I was hoping to have time to get to the second one if there is nobody at the first one.

I do not have a CB yet, just FRS, which is supposed to work for a couple of miles. Should we agree on some particular channel and code to use ?

Scrappy said:

Just to let people know, I will be getting into prather at 7:30 and leaving the lot at 8ish.... ChuckD has stepped up to hang out a little later. This weekend we will probly have some snow falling on us, which is a blast.

Expect to be back in prather no later than 7pm. Remember that we can do pizza as a group, or people can scatter and head home. Which after a day in the snow, sounds really good!

I wont beable to check in tomorrow at all, so if you need to get ahold of me directly. PM ChuckD for my contact info.

Hope to see alot of new faces on the trails!

Matt

Mr. Matt,
I will be staying at a cabin with Bryan (BC) and a few other folks. I have NO idea where it is and have no idea how to get to Bald Mt. from there. I am hoping BC knows the way. How far is Prather form the Trailhead and when do you expect to be at the Trailhead?

Thanks,
Shark

Slonopotam said:
MapPoint shows that there are 2 intersections of 168 and Auberry one mile apart. I was hoping to have time to get to the second one if there is nobody at the first one.

I do not have a CB yet, just FRS, which is supposed to work for a couple of miles. Should we agree on some particular channel and code to use ?

The first one has a gas station and small shopping center around it with Fosters freeze and longs etc. That is where everyone should be.

Back