• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rigs

Ive never been, pretty much spent the last oh I dont know 13 years on the east coast. Im looking forward to the experience and the offroad opportunities nearby. Especially MOAB, I have always wanted to go and now I have no excuse I'll never be closer.

Rob707s Rig
62224_1286650866092_1824794664_552311_1171887_n.jpg
Just a update... less body and more tube, tube subframe that the boatside tie into and inside cage ties into, 111"wb, short body 14" bilstein 9100's, cut front wheel wells out from firewall forward etc...

oid641.jpg

154ye87.jpg

Just a update... less body and more tube, tube subframe that the boatside tie into and inside cage ties into, 111"wb, short body 14" bilstein 9100's, cut front wheel wells out from firewall forward etc...

oid641.jpg

154ye87.jpg

Looks great!

got new meats today ;D
IMG_20121004_194054.jpg

2012-10-04_19-39-59_724.jpg

Sexy. Time for stronger steering now?

I have a v8 zj tie rod on already, do you think that will be okay for now? in the mean time I'm going to make my own otk steering with hiems

on road? Yeah, you're fine. But I wouldn't wheel too hard with out a stronger steering setup.
35's right?

hard to tell sometimes...
same opinion applies though. I know a number of people who ran the ZJ tierod and had no issues. Though when you bump it on a rock, it'll bend. I've seen drag links taco too. but that was 7" and 33's with a stock draglink.

hard to tell sometimes...
same opinion applies though. I know a number of people who ran the ZJ tierod and had no issues. Though when you bump it on a rock, it'll bend. I've seen drag links taco too. but that was 7" and 33's with a stock draglink.

thanks for the advice. unfortunately where I live doesn't have a ton of good challenging places to go wheel so I think it'll hold up until I make my steering

Ahh, you're near pismo. I'm actually from salinas. about two and a half ish hours north of you. Most of my wheeling has been hollister and the sierras. But yeah, just avoid the rocks and you'll be alright

Ahh, you're near pismo. I'm actually from salinas. about two and a half ish hours north of you. Most of my wheeling has been hollister and the sierras. But yeah, just avoid the rocks and you'll be alright

I really wanna go to Hollister some time. thanks a lot for your help! I appreciate it

Definitely go. They finally started building good obstacles there now.

YOU NEED CONTROL ARMS!! If you flex, you'll end up cutting your front tires unless you move your axle forward.

You know that when he flexes the tire is centered in the wheelwell, right? it comes back forwarsd when it comes up.
But it should come come forward. halps with the castor

YOU NEED CONTROL ARMS!! If you flex, you'll end up cutting your front tires unless you move your axle forward.

I have RC adjustable lower arms. I am putting a little bit bigger lift on tonight (just adding a spacer) so once I do that I will bring into work and adjust the caster

oid641.jpg

154ye87.jpg

Almost done with the cage .. still need to add the rear down stuts, crossbar behind the rear seats and tie qtr panel tube work to the inside cage. Also started on skinning the qtr panels...

2niz1gw.jpg

1zpmmx3.jpg

Back