• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter nominations..........

Gary E said:
Of course I am not part of the leadership for the organization but I don't necesarily agree.

I think the presidency should pick a few runs that Sierra chapter wants to do, rubi, barret, fordyce, hollister etc. then ask or assign certain people to be the event chairman or chairwoman :), it can be a volunteer basis but it should be set up on a thread or something so its known that help is wanted.

You can't expect an organization to reach its full potential if you wait for a random club member to think of what to do and then volunteer to do it. First the leadership needs to have a vision or idea and then assign or delegate responsibilities. I don't think the leaders should do everything, just give direction, and check to make sure things are on course.

For instance I don't think Richard should be looking for someone to be the event chairman for the rubicon run. He is not a part of our chapter, as much as we would like to have him. Richard has great leadership skills and is trying to nudge our chapter along. The Sierra chapter presidency should decide that we want to do an official con run and if they don't have potential chairman in mind that they want to ask, they should open it up to the forum for someone to volunteer.

If that was the VP (aren't you the current VP Jes?) asking me to be the event chairman for the con run hit me backchanel.

It's going to be a NAXJA Rubicon run hosted by Sierra Chapter. I am not vice president or president of NAXJA. It's up to the Rubicon event chairman to work out the details with NAXJA's event event guru which happens to be Richard.

I nominate Gary Evans for Pres
Rob Riley for vice prez
and Lee Esquivel for treasurer.

Jes

Yo.

Count me in as an objective observer. I'm not, but let's pretend.

First, Crash has volunteered to be the Sierra Chapter coordinator for the NAXJA Rubicon Run this year.

Second, I'm not sure where the post regarding Jes's concerns about participation came from. I'd like to hear what Jes has to say regarding Sierra Chapter participation in events and clean-ups. I think that any concerns that he may have should be explained fully before someone comments on them.

Third, I agree that it shouldn't be the prez's job to assign tasks to members in the club. You folks are adults, and I would hate to see people having to manage Sierra Chapter by the lowest common denominator.

And Chuck, I have no idea where you got that Jes was saying anyone in NAXJA could be the event chairperson. Lay off.

Lupine said:
Second, I'm not sure where the post regarding Jes's concerns about participation came from. I'd like to hear what Jes has to say regarding Sierra Chapter participation in events and clean-ups. I think that any concerns that he may have should be explained fully before someone comments on them.

This is where my comment... "this year at times I have received very little help from chapter members and that is discouraging."... stems from.
To start, just look at this post. It was started on the 5th and there were only a couple of posts on there till today. Keven had to post this... http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14415 ...to get people to respond. And on top of that only 9 members have responded.
WFF in January. I agreed to lead the extreme run and needed help from people who had capable rigs. Several said they'd help out but when it came down to it I had to lead the group myself with the help of Keven's neighbor.
There's more to it than that but that, in a nut shell was where that statement was coming from.
Maybe I don't really belong in a position of power because all I want to do is have fun and I'm not having fun if I have to tell people what to do and worry about if I'm being un PC or an asshole. I'm not sure many of you realize what had to be worked out before Moab, I had a lot to do and even spent money out of my own pocket to make sure we put on a good event. It may have seemed simple but in todays world where a person is either working or sleeping it's hard to find time to devote to even the smallest projects let alone the big ones. I can only imagine what Richard went through in planning the whole event!
I really don't need people whining at me with their ideas unless they want to take initiative on them and follow through. I have followed through in the past and have done what I said I was going to do. It's one thing to post your ideas on this forum but they don't make a difference unless you actually go through with them.
What have you done for the club?(rhetorical)
I hope everyone can figure out how to elect some officials to keep this site alive because I'm willing to contribute as always.
This is where I'm coming from, this is how I feel and who I am.

Jes

For all you running for office, I want you to know my vote is easily bought.

A 12er of B.L. will get it done.

CRASH

I just finally made it to this post and boy a lot has been said. I think that our current BOD has done a great job!! And of course when you are not in the situation you always think that you can do better. I also think that our BOD staff should have gotten more help from the members than they did and I have no excuse.

I would love to be VP or just another member in the chapter and would like to look a this year as a year that we al can step up and make the Sierra Chapter presence known to the 4 wheeling community.

My nominations go as

Jes for Pes.
Gary for VP
Chuck for Tres.

The truth of the matter is that we all have great talents and have a lot of insight that we all can devote to the chapter. It is harder since evrything has to be done on the web rather than at a meeting, but we can become the most talked about and followed chapter here on Naxja. We are the most vocal and that is a good thing.

Whoever ends up as the BOD's need to set out a plan for the chapter so we all know help is needed ahead of time and those of us that are slow to read ( me ) can plan accordingly.

Just my thoughts this morning, hope all is having a great day!!

Oops Sorry I was wrong I was thinking that we put on the con run and Naxja would back it. I didn't know Naxja was putting it on and we were to help. So that makes sense that Richard would be asking for volunteers, well kinda whats his position now? At any rate hes a great guy that just likes to go wheeling. It seems like most of the runs we do are the ones where he says he is going and invites everyone to go, like the swamp/dusy runs. And those are runs SC should be sponsoring.

Whats our current list of officers, I thought it was Keven, prez, Jes, VP and SeanP sec. Thats where I was thinking Jes was the VP.

What I really want to know is how Andy has gotten out of all of this so far, :) I know he trys to show off the reckless, unresponsible side but in reality he is quite responsible with great leadership skills. I am sure he will do a great job coordinating the con run.

Jes don't worry about being PC or an AH, this is a jeeping club not a Girl scout group :)

I think my personality has kept me out of the running thus far. :D

I'm always happy to be a BOD member. Last year at work was very tough, so I was time limited. This year is much better, so I can help if asked.

We need a new BOD position: Asshat in Chief. I'd run for that and win hands down.

CRASH

Wow, great responses :D

I'll start another thread for voting later, once we get all the nominations hammered out.

Jes, if you could give SeanP. the reciepts for what you did at Moab, you'll get reimbursed (sp?). And, again, I'd really like to thank you for what you did there.

Gary, I need to hand the reins over to someone else. I'm getting a little burnt :D.

Lupine, see what you can do with the decal please :cheers:.

CRASH, I was hoping you'd be able to add your experience to the chapter BOD, but I was afraid to ask again. I hope you'll consider a nomination. We could really use you.

Lee, I forgot that a person has to belong to NAXJA one year before they can be elected to an office. My bad :(

I like the idea of having an BOD from down south (Fresno area) to keep a pulse on and get input from what's going on down there.

If anyone wants to know more about what each office entails, please go to the "membership" forum on the front page.

My nominations are now:
Jes for Prez
Chuck for VP
CRASH for Sec/Tres.

Last edited:
WesternXJ said:
Jes, if you could give SeanP. the reciepts for what you did at Moab, you'll get reimbursed (sp?). And, again, I'd really like to thank you for what you did there.

Not looking to be reimbursed, I do it for the club.
Thanks.

Jes

Back