• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sick Dog Racing Jeepspeed Build

this thing is coming along beautifully! i really need to get a extra day off to come check this out!

Just pre-heated them in the kitchen oven at about 200 deg for 30 minutes. :shhh: Just dont tell my wife..............

Nice work. Have you gusseted the pitman arm yet? Do you have pictures if you have?

Nice work. Have you gusseted the pitman arm yet? Do you have pictures if you have?

Yes that will be my next post........

your metal work on those knuckle gussets is something i'd put on a poster on my wall to spank it to...well done my friend. Please fab forever more.

Thanks LOL.....and a little to much info buddy............

this thing is coming along beautifully! i really need to get a extra day off to come check this out!

Thanks............Come by this weekend cuz I'm out of town next week till the 14th.

Dont bend a rim....

looks good, so dont go slit your wrists over this post.

Ive built many a item where there is lil to none = self clearancing tolerances with wheels... It happens.. :attom:

Dont bend a rim....

looks good, so dont go slit your wrists over this post.

Ive built many a item where there is lil to none = self clearancing tolerances with wheels... It happens.. :attom:

No harm no foul. Thats a valid point.

I set this up using stock 15" Jeep aluminum wheels. I believe they have a 5.5" back spacing. I'm using a 16" wheel with 3" back spacing. It looks better as far as clearance, but still tight.

Pitman arm.
IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

Sorry one more.
IMG_1256.jpg

Very nice. Is that a stock pitman or a ZJ one with a slight drop?

throw and 10in bolt through the back of that thing and you've got one heavy as$ high heal... but damn! looks nice!

With all the (beautiful) work in the knuckles, why not go WJ brakes while you are in there?

Very nice. Is that a stock pitman or a ZJ one with a slight drop?

No its a FT pitman. The picture below shows: the one on the left is the FT drop pitman, the one on the right is the stock XJ pitman. I only looks to be an inch or so differance.

IMG_1233.jpg

With all the (beautiful) work in the knuckles, why not go WJ brakes while you are in there?

Is that a bolt on upgrade? What year WJ do I look for and what advantages are they? Bigger rotor?

Working on front bump stops. I,m using the same size bumps I used in the rear. 2.5" FOA's I wanted to make the stops removable from the top or bottom of the bump cans. So I made the bump can retainers removable. I wish I did this in the rear.
Bump retainers before welding
IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Can welded into the body
IMG_1553.jpg

Top gusset plates

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

Bottom bump pad tacked in place.
IMG_1570.jpg

With spring in place