• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show off your garage

Damn, I have garage envy!

yeah, i am kind of a snap-on junkie. :gee:
i also obsessively collect tools, equipment, & old harley-davidsons, hence the screen name...:yelclap:

It's not my garage, but this where I do all of my wrenching after business hours:
IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

So i just spent 4 days going though my entire garage even every box and slimed it down and got it all orginized. Added a computer and mounted the monitor on the wall.

I can even pull my jeep in now and work on it inside...

I have a bunch of product ideas and I think I can finally start working on them now the place is neat.

now the challenge to keep it looking clean like that :laugh:

Since these pictures were taken I have made some significant organization changes and added more tools have been added more tools including a 3/4 HP, 12 spd floor drill press. It's heated, has a chainfall, exhaust fan, and plenty of lighting. I couldn't be happier. It's a perfect workshop for a one-vehicle project.

garage3.jpg

garage1.jpg

garage2.jpg

garage4.jpg

Here are a few pics of my shop. It is nothing special but it is mine and best of all it is paid for! It is just a 30x40 w/ concrete floors and drains, insulated with heat and I have an AC unit to install if I can ever get my HVAC buddy over here to do it.

DSCN0090.jpg

Just a shot of the wall with the keg fridge and some tool cabinets.
DSCN0092.jpg

another shot of the front wall with some benches and some of my small scale fab tools.
DSCN0091.jpg

just a shot of the other corner that my sons toys are in.....
DSCN0094.jpg

and last, but certainly not least is the belly up station complete with nacho cheese machine and a 8 dog roller and another beer fridge (and water and soda for my son and wife :D)
DSCN0097.jpg

Future plans are to get the AC unit installed and also tin the ceiling and walls with white barn tin. It does remarkably well in the winter with holding heat, I only burnt 200 gallons of propane last winter and we were working out there 5 nights a week in short sleeve shirts.

If anyone is in need of project help or broke down traveling through north Missouri my door (s) are always open.

Cheeseman-OUT!

I've been meaning to post some pics of in this thread for a while, so I finally took some pics last night...unfortunately I've been on sick leave for the past couple weeks so I am not really supposed to be in the garage...well its a mess and not organized, which isn't normal for me, that said here's the crappy cell phone pics.

I have a 28x60 attached garage. Its split into two sections, a 28x20 and a 28x40. It gets the job done, but could always be bigger :)

This is the smaller side. Usually the xjpopcanbuggy is parked on this side but I went wheelin just before my surgery and my YJ ended up parked over here.
f295ed4b.jpg

9ad76851.jpg

I have a stove in the garage, makes damn good drunk food, our speciality is frozen pizzas, my air compressor is next to it and the old house furnace which heats both sides of the garage is on the other side.
3a3fe175.jpg

be303192.jpg

We take our liquor serious...
eee11416.jpg

That was the smaller side, here is the big side.
d9c7917a.jpg

For some reason my last name stuck more than macgyvr.
156a17f5.jpg

The YJ hardtop and doors are eventually going to be hung in the small garage, just haven't got to that yet...and my dad's 55 willys sits in the corner...and the garage couch kind of moves from one corner to another depending on the projects. We play ping pong after the work is done.
9a0ec61e.jpg

these tires have a place in the garage but its a mess, that and i just loaned out my drill press so pulling it out from beside the chop saw caused things to get moved.
b4213ec2.jpg

kegerator
709b04ac.jpg

back up beer mini fridge in case the keg runs out
0d3ac734.jpg

booze and soda fridge, along with 32in flat screen with cable and surround sound stereo system.
7859fb9f.jpg

the ultimate shop dog "rocky" wanted to help take photos...
e277cf98.jpg

The garage has 100 amp electrical service, there are a total of 100 4 foot fluorescent bulbs in the big part of the garage alone. I have black pipe to run compressed air in both garages off the air compressor I just haven't got to that project yet. I also want to add central air to the furnace but I had to replace both the furnace and the a/c unit on the house last year so that cut into the garage a/c budget.

mac 'stays warm in winter' gyvr

mac 'garage is 1.5 times bigger than my house' gyvr

I have been down there almost every day and it has stayed clean so far, it is actually nice to work in it with everything having a place.
It's very, very nice. I'm fairly anal rententive when it comes to that too. I'm still working on getting mine set up, though. I've got more crap to move around and organize before it will be how I want it.

You're my hero. I want a Nacho machine for my shop...

Nice.

~ Stump.

It also travels to events! :D Get one for the trailer.

nothin special about mine except it has a piano, but its enough to work on the heeps

the 95 when i forst moved in
whatever_076.JPG

the 95 with 38's mocked up
mock_up_005.JPG

93 after bein stripped
teardown_001.JPG

98 minus motor and the garage bein a mess(i spent all day cleaning it up today
jacks_011.JPG
paneled the walls and painted em white, so much brighter now
garage_003.jpg

Ill get some more tonight, but this was after I took a dump run and mocked up all my camping gear to make sure I had everything.

SDC10740.jpg

Back