• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show off your garage

so im going to start off with, I hate u all :cheers:
lol well heres my garage. unforchantly its not insulated so these upstate new York winters tend to make it hard to work on the jeep comfortably. I also have a slit water leak when it rains. I haven't been able to figure put the source thou.

:wierd:

but sometimes ill get to snag one if not both of the spaces in the garage that's is on the house. its just a regular 2 car garage.

What are those two funny looking lawn mowers you have in the center of the garage!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Sorry, today I think it was in the mid 70"s

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

No need for a mechanics crawler on that, just lay down a sheet of cardboard and slide around on it! :gee:

What are those two funny looking lawn mowers you have in the center of the garage!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Sorry, today I think it was in the mid 70"s

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

them to things are snow blowers lol. wish I could ive where u are. negative degree weather tends to get annoying after a while. :smsoap:

No need for a mechanics crawler on that, just lay down a sheet of cardboard and slide around on it! :gee:

that would make for fun, well at least till u slid a little to far :D

I rent a house with an attached single car garage i make the most out of it even though i don't currently have a jeep i am trying to get side work to help fund a new jeep my buddies xj currently resides in here as i am working on it...everything in the garage is mine minus the stack of tires their my buddies...

from the garage door:

right side closeup:

left side closeup:

backright corner:

backleft corner:

a lifted xj fits in with enough room to walk around and work

Welding station & Bolts organized.........

This week end I was able to finish the welding station:

IMG_3236_zps56a59acc.jpg

And organize all those bolts and nuts:

IMG_3237_zps2ef2fce3.jpg

This Thursday some of the heavy machines will be delivered. I think I can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this project.:cheers:

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Are you adopting?

That's awesome!! Why a grinder? I would have the need for a mill and lathe before a mill and grinder.

i have the same question.
i use my mill & lathe frequently, but have only had a couple applications where a surface grinder would come in handy.
what do you plan to use it for?

That's awesome!! Why a grinder? I would have the need for a mill and lathe before a mill and grinder.

I guess that does need some explanation. Part of the motivation for the "metal working" side of my new shop is that my Father-in-law, who happen to live next door, is a retired precision machinist. He is starting to become less active and a bit lost since his retirement. He has always loved surface grinders and regularly speaks about all you can do with such a machine. When I try and pin him down on "what' you can do, I get answers like: "Oh you can do so much with such a machine". I love this man and want to keep him active and alert as along as possible . I'd also like to pick up some of his knowledge on metal working, so the Surface Grinder is my gift to him, now I get to watch and see how he uses it.

photo1_zps55ac5287.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

You sir are one heck of a guy.

and the back corner behind the Jeep:

Your father in law looks very familiar. Where did he work before retirement?

Sorry it took so ling to respond, haven't been looking at this thread lately.

His last job (23 years) was at a smaller shop in Whittier California. I believe it was Paragon.

After retiring from their he then started his own one man shop where he bought a Vertical shaper and did work for the oil industry.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

P.S. By the way he hasn't done anything with the Surface Grinder......anyone interested in a quick sale?

Back