• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shortening Track Bar For WJ Swap OTK

the bend near the axle is mainly to clear the stock bracket. without it, the trackbar would hit. with the trackbar bracket relocated, a strait track bar should be just fine. modifying what you have should do just fine, but id take close look to make sure it doesnt contact the oil pan at full compression.

Yea I know a straight one would be fine but I'd really like to leave the bend on axle end there just so its easier to modify. Just hope the bend doesnt interfere upward or downward I dont think so I'll have to mock it up before I cut to see.

Are you saying the angles won't be good? I could always change pitman arm with more or less drop. What modifications are u talking about to the jks bracket?

I'd say they're tolerable. Axle side really needs to come up 1.5 to 2".

DSC07593.jpg

And that's even with the bracket on top the coil bucket? If not moving from in front of the bucket to on top would be perfect. Does it drive fine?

That's with the bracket where it's supposed to be with the notch sitting on the top of the coil bucket. It drives ok, a little bit of bumpsteer, but I've got a clayton bracket sitting here. Want to go full case locker so I'll be building another axle and selling this one. If you went UTK it'd be fine.

Yea my bracket is going to be higher then where jks says to put it. Hopefully its fine.

I would cut and extend the top of the bracket if I used the JKS again, the clayton is a bit more but is the proper height. Funny, all the junk for clayton's WJ setup is now gone from their website?

Yea hopefully it all turns out fine with where it is and shortening my trackbar.

Back