• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shenanigans and tomfoolery in here

that HD kit is nice and if you order during the month of April Brian will throw in one of his "Many Swimsuits of Brian" calendars...sure to make the best of shops look bad.

I threw 4 rims and tires , the old leafs and 2 vises in back. It dropped an 1". I think the problem at the moment is the shackle angle. Its pretty much perfectly vertical. I think the shackle is holding it up. Im gonna order the HDoffroad no lift shackle relocation.

funny. I seem to remember someone telling you to get those at the beginning.....

I know I know. I was just waiting for the wife to turn her back...whenever I approach the computer with the credit card in hand she all of a sudden has a bunch of questions.

I have the relocation brackets and prothane bumpstops on the way.

Last edited:
you think im gonna be able to swap from coils without a spring compressor? Just get the front end up and stuff one side best I can to droop the other side...

I usually just pop the upper arms off the axle side. They will fall out.

You're gonna want to trim the axle side mounts for the LCAs anyhow. You'll see what I mean once you get the axle to full droop. There's flex to be had right there.

your local vatozone will rent you the compressor if you can't get the lift springs in.

I cant remember the last time I used a spring compressor to get out coils...like Nate said, undo the control arms and helps to also undo the draglink from the pitman arm, it will give ya all kinds of droop to work with.

I cant remember the last time I used a spring compressor to get out coils...like Nate said, undo the control arms and helps to also undo the draglink from the pitman arm, it will give ya all kinds of droop to work with.

With long arms its EASY!! I had to tighten coils up a little bit with compressors on my old jeep. But I also left the steering hooked up.

Im not a fan of the spring compressor. scary as can be to me. i have just dropped the track bar and used a pry bar every time i done them.

Im not a fan of the spring compressor. scary as can be to me. i have just dropped the track bar and used a pry bar every time i done them.
I hear ya. Whenever ive done them on cars I ran a chain threw them and attached them in some way to stop any sudden ejection. Spring in the face can ruin a day

I treat compressed springs like I would treat a firearm.

always pointed in a safe direction.

I finally finished installing my leafs and coils, did the HD no lift kit, plus made some adjustable front bump towers with prothane bumps. The jeep has a pretty good 80s rake to it. Im sitting at about 4.5" lift rear and guessing a bit over 3" in front.

Im torn between putting my thicker coils spacers in front to bring up the front to level it out or pulling the 3rd leaf out of the leaf pack to drop the back. I need to order an adjustable track bar either way. Front housing is a solid 1" off center. Im going to go with the IRO double sheer TB.

throw a few hundred pounds of stuff in the back, drive it for a week.

see where it's at. The leaves will settle.

Back