• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle Relocators...Fun On The Fourth

BUT i don't think your all that smart to start with..
Sorry but pull your head out..

It's funny that I passed right over this...

You've never met me, and I just might know a little more about jeeps than you think... Next time you want to insult me, have a valid point, the "smarts" are one thing I've got.

Relocation boxes are completely different than boomerang shackles. Bent or not a shackle will have the same angle regardless. Relocation brackets give you a better angle.
true. thanks for clearing that up:thumbup:

:sure: dude get it taken care of monday.

As stated it is a DD, needs to run on Monday. The jeep has not been hit LOL, if the box wacked why did the shackle fit? It had a tow hitch when I got it, so nothing wrong with the frame rails the hitch fit fine. The Parts he sent me were Wrong. As in NOT CLOSE. OK if we were talking planets it was close, an 1/8" out we could have made that work. A 1/4", when holding the part up doesn't look like much. But try to fit them after you have already cut metal, with a BFH you can buy yourself some but not a 1/4".

It's funny that I passed right over this...

You've never met me, and I just might know a little more about jeeps than you think... Next time you want to insult me, have a valid point, the "smarts" are one thing I've got.
i can vouch for the smarts about jeeps:peace::peace:...a jeep mechanic for a living.:roflmao:

I have to agree... The vendor is a good guy and would have made things right.

It sounds like you guys were trying to put a square peg in a round hole....

Whenever I work on my car at someone's house, I make sure that I have an alternative ride home just in case things don't go as planned.

btw - there's no reason for the insults. It's just a sucky situation...

E

Last edited:
Guys, c'mon, both of you have valid points. Paul you have a right to be upset that something didn't fit out of the box, at the same time you own a Jeep and I'm sure you've run into this problem before. At the same time Justin has a point, if we were talking about Rusty's here then it'd be a different story, there has been more than one occasion that warranted some 4 letter words from their products. But this seems to be a good product from what people have said.

I had a similar experience with TNT. I personally won't buy from them, otherwise lots of people have good experiences with them.

Maybe you should have just taken to the SOCAL desert rats fourm.....on a different website. By posting somthing like this, YOUR going to get flammed more then the vender YOUR flamming..
When i put on my RE drop brackets NOTHING lined up, but i didnt flame RE and say its POS kit and RE makes nothing but crap parts.

Guys, c'mon, both of you have valid points. Paul you have a right to be upset that something didn't fit out of the box, at the same time you own a Jeep and I'm sure you've run into this problem before. At the same time Justin has a point, if we were talking about Rusty's here then it'd be a different story, there has been more than one occasion that warranted some 4 letter words from their products. But this seems to be a good product from what people have said.

I had a similar experience with TNT. I personally won't buy from them, otherwise lots of people have good experiences with them.
X2 on what Jim said,but i have to say i feel like $%&*, since i was the one who suggested he buy them.and i am sure they make up more than one set at a time..if so there are more sets out there. i will be making my own set thank you!!!

Maybe you should have just taken to the SOCAL desert rats fourm.....on a different website. By posting somthing like this, YOUR going to get flammed more then the vender YOUR flamming..
When i put on my RE drop brackets NOTHING lined up, but i didnt flame RE and say its POS kit and RE makes nothing but crap parts.

I said nothing about his other parts, I wouldn't know. I also said the "Kit He Sent Me" and that I had read his thread and saw no problems before I got these.
But The Parts He Sent Me was a POS...And Flame away.:flame: Like builder said, there is a good chance there are other kits that were made wrong out there. I bet you will all be checking yours with a tape.

Back