• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seen Any Good Wrecks Lately?

8Mud

NAXJA Forum User
I was driving back from some relatives after a visit. Mountain road hugging the side of the mountain, maybe four inches of fresh snow on the road. I drive over a small hump or rise in the road and see taillights off the downhill side of the road. I drive up to the next high spot in the road, put the strobe on the roof and walk back with my flashlight and a rope. This slope is steep, you can likely make it up on all fours, you are definitely not walking up it and it's a long ways to the bottom. I find a Chevy in a Oak Tree, maybe fifteen feet up the tree and forty feet from the highway. There is a teenaged girl sitting in the drivers side seat with her feet hanging out the open door. She is wearing a halter top and shorts, it's like minus 10 degrees out. I yell don't move around any more than you have to, get back inside and put your seat belt on. She yells back, no worry my boyfriend already went for help. I yell how long has he been gone? She says I don't really know, an hour or two. Do you want a blanket? No I'm OK. OK then, I'm going to drive to the next town and get some help. She says don't bother, my boyfriend should be here shortly. I drove to the firestation maybe ten miles up the road and reported it. I never did see any footprints or even any tire tracks in the snow. I don't know where her boyfriend went for help, but it sure wasn't the closest town, there is nobody or nothing on this stretch of highway.

One of us is nuts and I really don't think it's me.

Damn, that looks bad and must have been one hell of a hit. I hope Grandma pulls through from it and that Buick's driver gets his arse nailed to the wall for a long time. I was on the wrong end of a DUI 15 years back in a ZJ I used to own and I honestly don't think a damn thing was done to the bastard that did it. My boss' dauhter has one of those and that does make me worry a bit about her now, since there isn't much to her.

Think I got lucky in chosing my 200 when it comes to crash safety, from what I've seen on that platform, all three variations do well in testing and that holds true in the pictures I've seen of Avengers and 200s wreckd in the wild taking hard hits and the people in them walking away. There was one recent one where the guy's wife was clobbered from behind in his Avenger by a F-250 so hard that it blew the back window and trunk lid clean off, yet she was still able to drive the wreck home?!

last weekend. chick tried to pass on the wrong side of the road...in the snow. she lost control trying to come back over(as we got on a bridge), spun back across, hit the guard rail, got hit by a truck, thrown back in front of me and got hit again...........OH, and she has NO insurance
Anyone care to guess my mood? :smsoap:

IMAG2044_zps4b6990b4.jpg

this doesn't look so bad in the pics, but the hood is broken in at least 8 spots and the mounts are sheared off the one side
IMAG2036_zps197353d4.jpg

Broken rail. It's under the locomotive at the switch. That was at 11mph. The cars just rolled over, and pulled the engine and the track over. There is 110 tons in each car plus the weight of the car. That is the rear of the train, and the helper engines...

Broken rail would do that, did it cause the track to bow up the length of rail under the camera side of the loco when that hit the ground too? When I showed these to Dad (he's a semi-retired M.o.W. supervisor/manager) he noticed that and wondered if that rise in track elevation might have has something to do with that.

Wow, from "oops" to "oh-shite!"

Back