• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat tests

You could buy me a set of PRP daily drivers and ill let you sit in them and try it out. I have the corbeau ultra ss and its a pain to get in and out of alot

Remi, if you decide to get hunsaker maybe call them and tell them they were giving a deal at ORE, they my just cut you a deal. Mine are cloth and and AVSlims are leather.

They do recline full back and on the stock rails they slide way back. They are really comfortable and hold you in pretty well as I found out friday night at JV.

If you talk to TCM_GLX he has the mastercraft baja RS. (kinda pricey)

What year is your jeep ?

Leep

rpraterxj said:
Hey Remi,

Hunsaker does nto have dealers, they are direct. Get in touch with Dennis (Leep). he just installed a set. I sat in them in JV. Nice seats, but they are wide and took some work to make them fit. They were a little stiffer than what I like, but they had not been used much. Great price though...

I am not sure about PRP. I know that VeeDub parts in Huntington Beach has a few Corbeau seat in their store. 4 Wheel Pars in Laguna Hills has a Mastercraft Baja RS seat you can sit in.

Take a look at www.seatsource.com for some other ideas and prices. The guy is in Long Beach and might have a couple of different seats you can test out.

Good Luck!

Leep said:
Remi, if you decide to get hunsaker maybe call them and tell them they were giving a deal at ORE, they my just cut you a deal. Mine are cloth and and AVSlims are leather.

They do recline full back and on the stock rails they slide way back. They are really comfortable and hold you in pretty well as I found out friday night at JV.

If you talk to TCM_GLX he has the mastercraft baja RS. (kinda pricey)

What year is your jeep ?

Leep
cool, thanks. Though from everything I read now I think I'm leaning towards PRP. BTw, I got a 97XJ

Hey Remi,

Bought a pair of seats from Chris about a month ago. One is a Beard, and the other PRP. Both fixed low backs. If your ever in the West Covina area and want to do the ass to seat comparison test, let me know.

Russ

pottenger said:
Hey Remi,

Bought a pair of seats from Chris about a month ago. One is a Beard, and the other PRP. Both fixed low backs. If your ever in the West Covina area and want to do the ass to seat comparison test, let me know.

Russ
Might have to take you on that offer... or if you're making it to the xmas party I'll do the seat test then :D

4xSanta said:
The chinese Beards are the best value but u need to fab your own brackets and they come in several styles........SANTA

1996finnishvidrelease.jpg

dude everybody know pai mai from kill bill 2 has the dopest Chinese beard..

pai_mei.jpg

haha! I like the PRPs. Santa and I were talking about em and since mine is a daily driver, getting the full on suspensions with the side support would suck getting in and out of. I guess the PRP daily drivers are new. unfortunately, suspension seats are low on my priority list.

just got some beard super seats in yesteday. awesome seats, they hold me like a passionate lover, but getting in over the side supports is a bit of an art. i have mine mounted on the stock sliders, so maybe you can get them a litte lower.

i have PRP suspension seats in my sand car. great seats and comfortable driving off road for hours at a time. but id think they would be unpracticle in the jeep. hard enough getting out of the buggy with more open area. getting in and out of the jeep would be very dificult even on flat ground.

djblade311 said:
haha! I like the PRPs. Santa and I were talking about em and since mine is a daily driver, getting the full on suspensions with the side support would suck getting in and out of. I guess the PRP daily drivers are new. unfortunately, suspension seats are low on my priority list.

The stock seats and belts are the way to go unless you want more safty and bling,getting in and out and buckling up is a pain and it is tuff to get them mounted correctly with a cage.......SANTA

4xSanta said:
The stock seats and belts are the way to go unless you want more safty and bling,getting in and out and buckling up is a pain and it is tuff to get them mounted correctly with a cage.......SANTA

Hey Santa, how did you mount your PRP's?

IslanderOffRoad said:
Hey Santa, how did you mount your PRP's?

Actully I have Beards and I welded 1 1/2" tubing from the tunnels to the outboard threashold,but on the drivers side you have to knoch the hell out of the tunnel to get the seat centered on the wheel and the way my rollcage B pilar is They end up to far foward but my next build will be different.....SANTA

Back