• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scout II 44s

Fudd

NAXJA Forum User
I found plenty of threads about people using rear Scout 44s but has anyone tried putting a front under an XJ? I'm working on a powertrain swap and I'm gonna end up with a pass drop transfercase so I'm looking at all the options. The biggest problem I would think would be the steering setup. I was thinking of tapping new holes and using the XJ tie rod so the turning radius wouldn't be hurt too bad. Any thoughts?

First issue might be the passenger drop t-case and floor board interference, as the jeep is driver drop.

Use a search engine with "front D44 swap," "front axle upgrade," etc. It's been done, written up and posted with pictures on a half dozen sites. Spring perches, caster, brakes, TRE's and linkage are all discussed.

The 'net is a wonderful tool, like a vacuum gauge, once you get used to using it, it can tell you a lot, and sometimes it's just hooked up to a vacuum.

sounds like you are ok with the passenger drop, but the location of a track bar is always tricky with Pass drop axles, and a scout axle has 0 caster, so you may have some wacky steering behavior too...

Back