• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scenic Clarks Summit May 31st

this trail is cake, i did it a couple of weeks ago with my full size dodge truck,
took the family out i even had my 6 month old with us,
no worrys with a stock xj, stock xjs can more than you think.

Got the green light to stay over night in Big Bear. Going to shack up at Motel 6, Have a good Dinner and Wheel Sun. So Saturday Clark's Summit, And Sunday is open for whatever. So Who's In?

I'm still in, we will also be in Big Bear Friday. Looking forward to it.

Can't wait to get out of town. So the plan is Sat Clark's Summit, Hit the trail 10:00 am. Sat night we will be at the 5 star motel 6, Sun meet around 9:00am at the Discovey Center, do some wheeling on whatever trail we feel like doing, no set plan's for Sun. Sounds like great weather! If anyone needs to contact me, Cell is 949-289-0099 or 949-637-1674. Channel 4 on the 2-way.

I'm gonna have to pass on this one. =(

This month killed me financially, and I just can't justify that much money in gas right now. Sorry to be a flake, but I'll be there for the next one. =)

Michael

SanDiegoXJ said:
I'm gonna have to pass on this one. =(

This month killed me financially, and I just can't justify that much money in gas right now. Sorry to be a flake, but I'll be there for the next one. =)

Michael
Me, too----------Hans

So by looking at my map I'm thinking you'll be leaving out of the campground on 1N04 then connecting to 1N54, is that correct?
I live at the Converse Fire station at the 1N04 & 2N06 cross. I was out last night and found a good section of hill climbs that I didn't have much problem with in my BB 30" AT open/open xj. Its an unmarked trail leaving the 1N09 heading north which then connects to the 1N54. If you're interested in taking it you're new route would be 1N04 to the 1N09, take my new secret trail north, connect to 1N54 and head W (left). Let me know and I can drive out and mark the connector path for you with a glow stick or rock pile or something.
If you've got any questions or are curious about something just let me know. I'd love to ride along but I'm scheduled to man the station this weekend, but feel free to stop by and utilize our giant maps.

nate.lewis said:
So by looking at my map I'm thinking you'll be leaving out of the campground on 1N04 then connecting to 1N54, is that correct?
I live at the Converse Fire station at the 1N04 & 2N06 cross. I was out last night and found a good section of hill climbs that I didn't have much problem with in my BB 30" AT open/open xj. Its an unmarked trail leaving the 1N09 heading north which then connects to the 1N54. If you're interested in taking it you're new route would be 1N04 to the 1N09, take my new secret trail north, connect to 1N54 and head W (left). Let me know and I can drive out and mark the connector path for you with a glow stick or rock pile or something.
If you've got any questions or are curious about something just let me know. I'd love to ride along but I'm scheduled to man the station this weekend, but feel free to stop by and utilize our giant maps.

you could even start at 1N09 off hwy 330.

Barring any unforeseen problems the family & myself will be there... 0930 ish.

Curt

Hah, I'll be there so you guys can have your laughs at my stocker.

9:30 am

We are meeting at South Fork campground, right?

-Maz

Hah, I'll be there so you guys can have your laughs at my stocker.

Dude, I never laugh at stockers. Most of our Jeeps came to us as stockers and some of my best memories were wheeling my stocker.Don't worry.

Spoke to the Ranger and he said parking across the street from the campground is real good, can leave trucks with trailers there overnight with a Adventure Pass. GPS Cord for the camp ground according to the Ranger are:

lamula said:
Dude, I never laugh at stockers. Most of our Jeeps came to us as stockers and some of my best memories were wheeling my stocker.Don't worry.

I am not worried one bit, just joking. I laugh at myself on being such a wheeling noob. The 2 wheeling runs I went on, in the past month, showed me what a capable rig an XJ is in its most basic stock form. She really impressed me. Now I have to work on my wheeling skills just to come up to par with my stock XJ.

Back