• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scenic Clarks Summit May 31st

Original_MudButt said:
I want answers MISTER!!!!!!!! :D

I will bring my handheld if all else fails.....

Hey, Can you bring my sweat jacket?

Pretty please?
I should have the Jackets next week, so yes! and hey lets say channel "4" that way you can be at peace this weekend! (lol)

Original_MudButt said:
Has anyone done this before?

My son's friend wants to go and he has a K5 Blazer..... Was wondering if the trail is wide enough for him or is this a Jeep trail?

Thanks...

Blazer will be fine

scottmcneal said:
I fixed pit men, now i have bent my tierod an need to upgrade.. So i won't make it, sorry

Ummmm there's like 5 NAPA's in the valley... just check out those write ups I E-mailed you... they can get it the next day... a few hours one eve. and you'd be in business to make the trip... get an alignment AFTER the 31st. run. :twak:

Curt

Like i said, snow an no doors.. Wait, the heater is broke too... lol.. My jeep is falling a part as we type or speak.... I'll check on parts curt.. Stop hitting me in the head

Looks like Clarks Summit trail is mostly 1N54. After some googling, I found out it is rated blue square by USFS. The description I found for blue square says:

Rutted and rocky roads, careful tire placement is necessary.
Undercarriage may occasionally scrape. Brush may scrape vehicle.
Some grades may be fairly steep.
Water crossings may be 2'-3' deep.
Four wheel drive with 2 speed transfer case, high clearance, low air pressure,
and some experience driving off road is best.
Typical setup would be 31's and 2"-4" of lift

I am not even close to 31s and no lift. I am out.

Maz said:
Looks like Clarks Summit trail is mostly 1N54. After some googling, I found out it is rated blue square by USFS. The description I found for blue square says:

Rutted and rocky roads, careful tire placement is necessary.
Undercarriage may occasionally scrape. Brush may scrape vehicle.
Some grades may be fairly steep.
Water crossings may be 2'-3' deep.
Four wheel drive with 2 speed transfer case, high clearance, low air pressure,
and some experience driving off road is best.

I am not even close to 31s and no lift. I am out.
My book Say's its a piece of cake!

Maz said:

Um, that's if you're driving a liberty, not an xj.

Edit: Besides, I have a strap....we can gently urge your jeep over virtually any obstacle we're going to encounter.

Seriously though, if you have tow points front and rear, you'll be fine. I don't think anyone is going to be in a rush, and stuck trucks make for great kodak moments. =)

Last edited:
Maz you should have no problems with your stocker on this run. Get out there and wheel the thing.

Maz... I'd doubt you'd have even the slightest of troubles... I'm just going to get out of the heat and get the family out for a ride in the hills...
I'll admit to of never run this peticular "road" but all I've seen makes it sound to me like a cake walk... Now that doesn't mean driving mistakes can't be made... some folks can't navigate the parking lot...

Curt

hey Maz I have dont that trail in our stock xj and had zero problems you will be fine. Forrest service tends to recommend stuff based on in-experinced drivers going alone. hell gold mountain is black diamond and Ive done it a number of times in 2wd low in my yj just to keep from getting to bored so do not be afraid to go with a well prepped group, you will enjoy the drive it actually is pretty nice.

I wish I wasn't working that day so I could go

Back