• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Save the Date! Moab 2018

It is all a matter of knowing what you are up against and making plans accordingly.

I was looking at a set ($70) 6" TJ flares at Team Cherokee the other day. Really haven't shopped around but they would reach the outer edge of my tires. Probably look UAF too; I'd have wings. I'd mount them with twist lock fasteners for certain. Have a set of temporary mud flaps hiding around here I made after a trip to Azusa. F' the LA Sheriff's dept!

More than anything, I was just being a smart-azz for John's benefit.

Cool pictures though. Thank you.

I didn't even get a ticket that day, still won't go back.

Still not over it? It's been at least 10 years!

:laugh2: :roflmao: :laugh2: :roflmao: :laugh2::roflmao: :laugh2: :roflmao:

All right. Now you have let too much of the cat out of the bag. What is the story?

Short version...

NAXJA goes to azusa canyon ohv area. We roll in caravan style, 6 or 8 rigs?? Oatmeal and Bent are the first two in line. AFTER we pay to get into an offroad park, a sheriff flags over oatmeal and bent and proceeds to write tickets for offroad lights, mudflaps, etc. I narrowly escaped by being third in line.

In my not so humble opinion, I think it is quite ****ed up to write such tickets inside the ohv area. And since the ohv area allowed it to happen, I don't care to visit anymore.

Short version...

NAXJA goes to azusa canyon ohv area. We roll in caravan style, 6 or 8 rigs?? Oatmeal and Bent are the first two in line. AFTER we pay to get into an offroad park, a sheriff flags over oatmeal and bent and proceeds to write tickets for offroad lights, mudflaps, etc. I narrowly escaped by being third in line.

In my not so humble opinion, I think it is quite ****ed up to write such tickets inside the ohv area. And since the ohv area allowed it to happen, I don't care to visit anymore.

What was the ticket for the offroad lights about?

Any off Highway type lights require a cover when the vehicle is on the street. Doesn't matter if they are on or not, doesn't matter if they even work.

I got equipment violations for that law 45 years ago!

David Bricker / SYR

My lights had covers so I got a (fixit) ticket for no mud flaps.

What was the ticket for the offroad lights about?

Crap, didn't know that. I got one of them 26" LED light strips on the front roof... I'll see if they even make covers for it.

Thanks

Covers are available for LED light bars. You only need covers if they are above your headlights. Don't know if it is centerline to centerline or simply the top edges.

Last edited:
Crap, didn't know that. I got one of them 26" LED light strips on the front roof... I'll see if they even make covers for it.

Thanks

Covers are available for LED light bars. You only need covers if they are above your headlights. Don't know if it is centerline to centerline or simply the top edges.

If the light is not above your headlights it is a "driving light". Repeat that out loud 10 times. Driving lights don't have to be covered, off-road lights have to be covered. The legal definition of driving lights is so vague that you can get out of a ticket, but you will probably have to go before the Judge.

if you just get drunk before nighttime, you don't even need any fancy light bars.

if you just get drunk before nighttime, you don't even need any fancy light bars.

As a bonus they'll likely drop the light violation if you take a plea.
:D
Seriously.

Back