• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday Day trip to JV

jeeperjohn said:
I will probably run Clawhammer or LBJ. It doesn't seem like there was a final meetup place determined. Anyplace off the 215 or 15 works for me. Around 6AM?

Hey John,

Since you will be coming up from Temecula, what route are you planning on? 215 to the 60 or 15 N to 91/215?

I will be looking at a map tomorrow to find places to meet folks. One place can be McKinley and the 91. Then we can go on over and hit the 60, then meet up folks that would be coming from LA. I am thinking 5:30 ish at McKinley, leave there at 5:45. I will get a name of a station or something right there. I will need to research the 60 as I have only been on it a time or two. Of course, it might be even better for the 2nd meeting spot to be at the 10, after the 60 hits it.

I am open to suggestions....

rpraterxj said:
Hey John,

Since you will be coming up from Temecula, what route are you planning on? 215 to the 60 or 15 N to 91/215?

I will be looking at a map tomorrow to find places to meet folks. One place can be McKinley and the 91. Then we can go on over and hit the 60, then meet up folks that would be coming from LA. I am thinking 5:30 ish at McKinley, leave there at 5:45. I will get a name of a station or something right there. I will need to research the 60 as I have only been on it a time or two. Of course, it might be even better for the 2nd meeting spot to be at the 10, after the 60 hits it.

I am open to suggestions....
From Temecula any place off the 15 or 215 works just as well. Maybe somewhere near then 15/10 interchange or the 215/10 interchange. I am not really familiar enough with the area to suggest a place to meet but maybe someone on here is. MGT?

I am assuming we would be going 60 to 10 to 62 to 247 out near yucca.
If people want to meet up near the 215/60 at lowes or we can meet near the 10/60 in baumount.

If people want to go the 15 route we could meet anywhere on the 15/60 or 10.

Which way is faster? I always go up the 15. But now you guys have me thinking about which way really is quicker.

Justin

mgt said:
I am assuming we would be going 60 to 10 to 62 to 247 out near yucca.
If people want to meet up near the 215/60 at lowes or we can meet near the 10/60 in baumount.

If people want to go the 15 route we could meet anywhere on the 15/60 or 10.

I will be taking the 60-10-62-247 route. There are 4 or 5 folks that said they want to meet up and drive out together.

I vote on 2 quick meeting spots - one near the 15/91 interchange in Carona and a second near the 10/60, I just don't know where to meet at the 10/60 or what time we should shoot for there. I was thinking at the Beaumont Ave exit. Know any places right there to meet?

I figure the meeting time for 15/91 should be 5:30 to 5:45, leave sharply and head towards the next spot. I figure that should about 40 min. We should be at Beaumont around 6:15, leave at 6:30. head straight to JV!

xjjeeper19 said:
Which way is faster? I always go up the 15. But now you guys have me thinking about which way really is quicker.

Justin

I used directions from Josh "Yea, I take the 91 to 60 to 10 to 62 to 247 North to Boone.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...77394&sspn=1.253573,3.010254&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=9

I looked at both ways and the route suggested is about 20 min shorter in time. This is the route the group is planning on taking, I believe.

It is the route I based my timing and meeting spots on.

A few of us met up at that Beaumont exit last time we went to JV. There's a McD and a gas station on the north side of the 10.

xjohnnyc said:
A few of us met up at that Beaumont exit last time we went to JV. There's a McD and a gas station on the north side of the 10.

Thanks Johnny! That sounds like a great spot.

So how long did it take you from there to JV?

When are you heading out Johnny?

I am in for Saturday. I will be leaving from the 405/605 intersection, if anyone wants to meet up before the big meet up spot.

I check back on this thread for the meet up spot and time. If the meet up spot is far out there 6:00 may be too early?

Also, I am going to need a final gas stop as close to the JV as possible.

rpraterxj said:
I will be taking the 60-10-62-247 route. There are 4 or 5 folks that said they want to meet up and drive out together.

I vote on 2 quick meeting spots - one near the 15/91 interchange in Carona and a second near the 10/60, I just don't know where to meet at the 10/60 or what time we should shoot for there. I was thinking at the Beaumont Ave exit. Know any places right there to meet?

I figure the meeting time for 15/91 should be 5:30 to 5:45, leave sharply and head towards the next spot. I figure that should about 40 min. We should be at Beaumont around 6:15, leave at 6:30. head straight to JV!

hey in beaumont theres a lot of good meeting places off beaumont avenue...theres a 76 gas station, theres a mcdonalds and theres a bakers! all 3 are pretty easy to spot im down to meet there, but its not really up to me since i wont be in my jeep

rpraterxj said:
I used directions from Josh "Yea, I take the 91 to 60 to 10 to 62 to 247 North to Boone.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=775384114406028184,34.373050,-116.543920&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=Corona,+CA&daddr=34.123174,-116.411133+to:Boone+Rd+%4034.373050,+-116.543920&mra=dpe&mrcr=0,1&mrsp=1&sz=9&sll=34.374612,-116.477394&sspn=1.253573,3.010254&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=9

I looked at both ways and the route suggested is about 20 min shorter in time. This is the route the group is planning on taking, I believe.

It is the route I based my timing and meeting spots on.

hey Robert, If can remember, tell me how long it takes from the 10/60 intersection....

Justin

xjjeeper19 said:
hey Robert, If can remember, tell me how long it takes from the 10/60 intersection....

Justin

well, I am not exactly sure as this will eb my first time taking this route. According to my calculations using Goolge Earth, it is about 1 hour and 10 min from Beaumont to Boone Rd. If we stick to the schedule and leave the Beaumont meeting spot at 6:30, that will put us into camp arond 7:45 ish, with just enough time to "sign in" and line up. Line up is at 8:00 AM and departure is 8:30 AM.

I would like to get to camp as early as possible to meet up with folks and ensure we line up correctly.

Not alot time for shooting the breeze.....

So, I need to know who to expect where. I am sorry, but I will be leaving both meeting spots on time. I will leave earlier if everyone is there. I will be on CB channel 4 and I will have my cell phone on. My cell # is 714-319-7135.

Thanks!

I will look for gas stations along the way as well will all need to top off before we get to Boone Road.

There's plenty of gas available in the town of Yucca Valley.

xjohnnyc said:

Thanks Johnny. You still have not said when you are heading out? You going up Friday night?

Because I don't know yet.

But I will more than likely go up early Saturday and come home after the raffle.

xjohnnyc said:

Yep, last place, and best place, for gas is in Yucca Valley. IIRC, there's a big gas station right at the Hwy 247 turn off.

xjohnnyc said:

But I will more than likely go up early Saturday and come home after the raffle.

:yelclap: Cool!

xjohnnyc said:

I might be going up saturday and coming home aftyer raffle also. Maybe I'll see you up there Johnny!

Goatman said:
Yep, last place, and best place, for gas is in Yucca Valley. IIRC, there's a big gas station right at the Hwy 247 turn off.

Yup a Chevron station

Back