• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Fernado Valley M&G

I am lucky i decided to check this thread, I was planning on heading up there tonight.
My Brain is off a day this week.

yeah, that would be a long drag for nothing.

It was nice seeing everyone.......great turnout. :cheers:

I had a great time seeing so many friends. It's nice when buddies get together to enjoy and reminisce.

Thanks to everybody who came out and squeeeeezed into that booth.

Too far West. Look at San Fernando Valley and tell why that's a good idea? The majority of people are not coming from Calabassas.

bburge

Its just a couple more blocks.

Unfortunately the "center" of the valley doesn't offer the greatest kind of places for these events.

No, it's about 6 major intersections from where we were. When we got off the 405 to the 101, the 101 was STOPPED.

It would have been 20-30 mins more to get to Winnetka.

I can't believe that we can't find ANYTHING closer to center than that...

bburge

No, it's about 6 major intersections from where we were. When we got off the 405 to the 101, the 101 was STOPPED.

It would have been 20-30 mins more to get to Winnetka.

I can't believe that we can't find ANYTHING closer to center than that...

bburge

I feel your pain Bill and i agree with you. Islands was pretty close to the center of the valley. Happy with the valet parking and inflexible seating?

We first tried Tommy's, but lack of beer was an issue.

I know the location of Sabroso isn't perfect, but the facility is perfect for our needs. I'm open for alternatives, but until we find something more suitable, please, let's try Sabroso.

It's kinda sad that beer is that big of an issue. I thought it was about Jeeps.

Tommy's was cool because you could sit outside with the greasy food and fountain sodas and see a line of JEEPS. Then walk around them and talk about the JEEPS.

Maybe that's why I don't come to many of them anymore.

I'm looking for a better place to offer as a location. I know that is my responsibility "gonna complain - do the work". Beer is not the top item on the list of things I'm looking for, but I keep it in mind if we have that much of a problem.

bburge

It's kinda sad that beer is that big of an issue.
I thought it was about Jeeps.
Tommy's was cool because you could sit outside with the greasy food and fountain sodas and see a line of JEEPS. Then walk around them and talk about the JEEPS
bburge

I have come to three SFV M&Gs and the only looking is when it's late and everyone walks out to the parking lot to leave.
I'm good with root beer and a greasy burger at Tommy's even if the Stand is half the distance.

Hanging out around the jeeps isn't a big priority for the vallye m&g, as half or more of the peopel who show up don't drive their XJ's there.

Beer is not a high priority either, but its nice to have.

I'm not a big fan of Tommy's, but if thats what the crowd wanted I'd be ok with it.

*shrug*

Yeah, I made a point to drive mine even though we had two vehicles that were more comfortable and cheaper to drive.

I remember when we had about 8-10 XJ's parked in a line at Tommy's. It was pretty cool!

One of the awesome things about XJ's used to be that you could do some pretty great wheeling on the weekend and still drive it to work on Wednesday - then to the Meet & Greet afterwards. I guess that since I don't aspire to Sledge Hammer, I can still do that.

I'm still looking for somthing that works. Until I find something, it can be held where Andy picks - as long as he attends! :clap: Then I'll see if anyone wants to try what I find...

bburge

bburge

Yeah, I made a point to drive mine even though we had two vehicles that were more comfortable and cheaper to drive.

I remember when we had about 8-10 XJ's parked in a line at Tommy's. It was pretty cool!

One of the awesome things about XJ's used to be that you could do some pretty great wheeling on the weekend and still drive it to work on Wednesday - then to the Meet & Greet afterwards. I guess that since I don't aspire to Sledge Hammer, I can still do that.

I'm still looking for somthing that works. Until I find something, it can be held where Andy picks - as long as he attends! :clap: Then I'll see if anyone wants to try what I find...

I trailer mine to the M&G's around here and if they sell beer that's ok but if they don't I will survive.......SANTA

bburge

bburge

Maybe I'll have lunch there next week.

There was a place where another group met. BBQ, west of Northridge Mall. Individual checks, beer, big windows looking out on tons of parking.

Flames BBQ, 9350 Corbin Ave, Northridge

The BBQ was only so-so (but I'm kinda pickey about BBQ! ;-) ) But good enough to eat and chat and maybe have a beer. I think they offered a discount for clubs, not sure.

bburge

Maybe I'll have lunch there next week.

There was a place where another group met. BBQ, west of Northridge Mall. Individual checks, beer, big windows looking out on tons of parking.

Flames BBQ, 9350 Corbin Ave, Northridge

The BBQ was only so-so (but I'm kinda pickey about BBQ! ;-) ) But good enough to eat and chat and maybe have a beer. I think they offered a discount for clubs, not sure.

bburge

Lots of car clubs used to use Flames, it was also the site of a big cruise night on Fridays for a few years.

Flames is not very far from Sabroso's in the grand scheme of things.

Outdoor Grill has a location in the plaza at the corner of Reseda and Devonshire, they fit the criteria as well.

Lots of car clubs used to use Flames, it was also the site of a big cruise night on Fridays for a few years.

Flames is not very far from Sabroso's in the grand scheme of things.

Outdoor Grill has a location in the plaza at the corner of Reseda and Devonshire, they fit the criteria as well.

On a Wednesday at rush hour - yes, it is...

If I get a chance, I'll look at Outdoor Grill. I prefer something that says "grill" to Mexican anyway...

Considering that the one thing that most (all?) of these events have in common is that Cal is there (and usually primary for setting them up); I'm not sure why it isn't in Burbank.

bburge

Back