• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego run corral canyon

hey guys... looks like i'm out for this time. the parts didn't come through and my belly skid that was supposed to fit with my 242, didn't fit properly... hoping to have it resolved soon.

have fun and please post pics.

Today is the day I will be at the Mc'd's at 9 rollin by 915 and will swing by the rest stop on the exit. See you all there

Just wanted to say thanx to everyone that went....I may have just been a ride-a-long and the token drunk, but had a blast!

As for what you missed...the hits were a lot higher than anticipated. I think everyone but Homebrew took body damage of some sort. Other than that we were looking at a bent tie-rod, a torn break line, and yet another punctured MTR.

However, the moments that would be shown on sports center both came on Bronco Peak. mikedashg and ocean_jet provided the entertainment for the day with their near rollovers. Mike's "When in doubt, throttle it out" attitude kept us all entertained. However, the other Mike's efforts were no less valient! God, I hope somebody got video of that!!! =)

Thanx again guys!

SanDeigoXJ, I think my highlight is either ocean_jet going " Help, help" is he saw his fate, or when he decided to jump the rock at Bronco's peak and took out the tree with him. It gave everybody a lesson on where not to stand. Good times. Unfortunately SanDiegoXJ nobody is getting drunk tonight at the house. Just thankful to get home in one peice. So thanks for holding down the fort and giving a new meaning to drinking beer and spotting at the same time.

I wish i would have been able to make an apperance.
I finallyt got my loose steering colum taken care of.... Talk about inventing some tools.. Anywho glad yall had fun and nobody got hurt.

WraithKWK said:
I wish i would have been able to make an apperance.

Shhhhhh! Be careful what you wish for. =) All day long, as I stood there entertained with Heineken in hand, I just kept thinking, "Damn glad I didn't drive!" It was a blast, but there was a lot more damage than, at least I, anticipated. And the trail was apparently much more difficult than previous...ultimately, we had to back all but mikedashg and markw out and turn them around. (BTW, did I mention Mike is a friggin' lunatic?!?!....hella fun to watch, but no way in hell I ever ride shotgun in his rig! =D)...that goes for the other Mike too....talk about "Drive it like it's stolen"...that's probably why the cop pulled his gun on him....he saw him drive and knew he was a nut! =)

SanDiegoXJ said:
talk about "Drive it like it's stolen"...that's probably why the cop pulled his gun on him....he saw him drive and knew he was a nut! =)

rolof lmfao

SanDiegoXJ said:
Shhhhhh! Be careful what you wish for. =) All day long, as I stood there entertained with Heineken in hand, I just kept thinking, "Damn glad I didn't drive!" It was a blast, but there was a lot more damage than, at least I, anticipated.

Lot more than I anticipated too. That trail was a lot different than when Paul and I went there just back at the end of December. Lesson learned... I never even thought of all the rain washing it out...

:doh:

Oh well.. can't complain. Just a couple of small dents. And maybe a tire. One was totally flat this morning.

Last edited:
SanDiegoXJ said:
Shhhhhh! Be careful what you wish for. =)

I'm living vicariously through your photos and videos... Its all i got tell i get my XJ safe enough to get dirty

Yup, trails are changing all the time. Sometimes making the trail easier, or sometimes harder. Either due to mother earth, bigger rigs digging big holes with the big tires, or smaller rigs stacking rocks.

You guys would've been able to sidewinder much easier. Mark and I ran it that day in about 45 minutes after we were done with Bronco. We still beat you guys back. Of course you guys had the brakeline issue. We even stopped a bunch of times either for photos, or on-coming traffic. We could've probably taking you guys through in it 2 or 3 hours easy.

mikedashg said:
You guys would've been able to sidewinder much easier. Mark and I ran it that day in about 45 minutes after we were done with Bronco. We still beat you guys back. Of course you guys had the brakeline issue. We even stopped a bunch of times either for photos, or on-coming traffic. We could've probably taking you guys through in it 2 or 3 hours easy.

Yep... another lesson learned...

Defer trail selection to someone that knows the trails better... I will listen to you next time Mark!!

ocean_jet said:
Yep... another lesson learned...

Defer trail selection to someone that knows the trails better... I will listen to you next time Mark!!

Yeah, if I knew gunslinger was that easy and that part of bronco was going to be that tough, I would've suggested starting out with sidewinder, and then go up to the fire lookout tower. Gunslinger was like a fire road. I've been going to corral canyon for years, but I've never done gunslinger, I guess now I know why.

Back