• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Salem Jeepers Summer Jam 2012

NW99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
(note: some pictures are courtesy of Salem Jeepers)
It was an awesome morning, and the day turned out great. A light breeze and abundant sunshine. I was there early as were most of the vendors. I unloaded my gear, parked the jeep, and got set up right away.
IMG120.jpg

IMG121.jpg

There was a great turnout, over 80 jeeps in the show alone, more parked off lot, and a TON of spectators. People were coming and going all day. It was a great family atmosphere. Here's a shot looking up the back row by where I was set up at.
IMG_1715.jpg

Looking back from the opposite side.
IMG_1722.jpg

Looking back towards the entrance from by where I was set up at:
IMG_1716.jpg

The second row and "vendor's alley"
IMG_1717.jpg

Looking back down second row from the opposite side:
IMG_1721.jpg

The first row, where there were a few more vendors, and the "Beginners Obstacle Course" (look I know, its doesnt seem like much but if all you've ever done is drive a honda civic over a speed bump, then this will put you off camber more than you're used to) - It's set up for those who may have just gotten their license, or those who have never been in a vehicle that had some tilt to it.
IMG_1718.jpg

Roberson Motors was kind enough to bring a few rigs out for some "test drives"
7764479506_b7ba86eb4a_b.jpg

The good guys from RC/Plus were letting all those who wanted to, take the mini crawlers for a spin on his trailered terrain course.
7764478872_8a62c2b230_b.jpg

Pretty soon, the vendors started bringing up to me (what turned out to be) a massive pile of donated goodies for the drawing later that day:
IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

All kinds of jeeps showed up, old, new, heavily modified, mostly stock. Honestly I didnt care and neither did most the folks there. Everywhere you looked there was something new to see. I was glad to see that there was a good showing of Cherokees there. This one had a cool roof rack tent from CVT (i think)
IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

I dont recall Jeep offering this edition as a factory option.....
IMG_1743.jpg

7764476442_1020a13d2b_b.jpg

Some people definitely came to show off their rig, it was cool to see some of these guys come prepared:
IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

One thing I never thought I'd see was an LS1 in an XJ,,,this thing was sweet!
IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

It wasnt all Cherokees though... one of my favorites was this ALL ORIGINAL Willy's complete with trailer, and oh yes, a fully functioning .30 Cal Machine Gun!! Hooah!!!
IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

He fired off a full belt of blank rounds for the crowd, it was awesome, and everyone loved it!!!
IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

Two Metal Cloak TJ's back to back.... yellow on 38's I believe, the silver on 35's
IMG_1738.jpg

Once the RTI ramp came was open Roberson Motors stunned the crowd with this rare new-age-scrambler-truck-kit on a JK (i think that was a JK)...it just didnt flex too well...
IMG_1731.jpg

This guy actually did pretty well!
7764478080_69d4cee41f_b1.jpg

This LJ Flexed out nicely too:
IMG_1733.jpg

Plenty of XJ action on the RTI Ramp:
IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

Grand Crawlers, showing that you cant zip tie your shocks on, and it work out to well:
IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

There was plenty of stuff to see and do, the RTI Ramp brought most of the people into the shaded area for some good spectating....
Any one with a camera however opted for closer vantage points.
IMG_1741.jpg

Felt sorry for this guy, he was great sport, and kept the younger crowd entertained for as long as he could before heat stroke probably set in.
Jon Mock, (left) from Salem Jeepers put most if not all of this together and I have to say he did a good job with the organization of the event, having never done anything like this before.
7763609574_c0bf6284b1_b.jpg

We closed the day with the prize drawing, and had a blast. I kept the crowd entertained all day with music and at the end a little comedy as gave away the immense pile of donated goods and gift certificates.

7764475314_d19a01ab6f_b.jpg

7764474824_c147fcaa1d_b.jpg

7764474994_4313942c99_b.jpg

Salem Jeepers is good group of Jeep enthusiasts, and a lot of fun. They did a great job of putting this together, as did Roberson Motors for hosting it. They've already locked down a tentative date for next years event and have asked me to be a part of it again. I was more than happy to offer my DJ and MC services to them for a second year and beyond and look forward to another great show.

I could be wrong but I think its no cost to come and park and look but $5 to perticapate in the obsticle coarse and rti ramp. also after a basic inspection and signed waiver

I'll of course be there....

Back