• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sacramento, help ASAP.

dfulks

NAXJA Forum User
Jeep is broken down.
2001 limited, died backing out of parking spot and won't start back up.
It seems electrical and I can't figure it out. If anyone can help me out, please call me. 5307368663
I can pay you for the help.

It started once I got to my hotel and paid for the tow... I am still curious to why it died.

Very likely the CPS going out. It will cut spark when it gets old/bad. Especially prone to cutting spark when it's warm and going old. From my experience atleast. Glad it sounds like you got 'home' though.

I am back at my hotel, over off Arden. The rig is running and starting now. It is likely my cps, but I don't have my tools or anything here. Thank you for the advice, I am going to see what I can do as far as getting into a shop.

nSS, cps, battry, connections to battery.

It's a 2001, so Vapor lock is also a possible issue. Can be a PITA to solve. But, I hope it is as simple as what people have already posted.

Mine did the same thing when the battery cables were corroded. I couldn't tell looking at them.

I am in el Dorado hills, just off the freeway if you need tools to use and want to swamp it out yourself, with a little help.

I drove it about 3 hours before, it was running fine (intake/exhaust manifold has a slight leak). It has power and fuel, it just wasn't firing. It was about 95* outside and I have never had this issue on the coast where it is 20-30 degrees cooler. So if the cps is heat sensitive when it is going bad that is a very likely culprit.

Mine did the same thing when the battery cables were corroded. I couldn't tell looking at them.

I am in el Dorado hills, just off the freeway if you need tools to use and want to swamp it out yourself, with a little help.

If I could get there, I would be there... but I am stuck at the hotel. I am here for a work training until November 3. But I need my car 5 days a week, my coworker may be able to give me a ride for a couple days but I am more or less stranded.

If you're over in the Arden area feel free to bring it by my place if you are able to get it to fire up. Im about 5 mins away. You're welcome to all my tools.

PM me for my address and phone number if you're interested.

Sounds like when my cam sensor started to seize. The cam sensor is what replaced the distributor and has an oil passage that on my 2000XJ clogged. The engine would start and either run like crap with low power and die within minutes, finally seizing and leaving me on the side of the road. The part is available from the dealer for a couple of hundred. You'll need to bring the #1 to TDC before installing the new one.

I don't have the tools or the time while I am down in sac, I took it to a shop.
It is being weird, once it was at the shop it got started and ran like crap... It went over a bump and ran smooth again... With a CEL. There is plenty of dealerships around me and I am getting tempted to buy a new car.

Back