• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys trac bar

I think you're missing the bigger picture here.

guess so... i personally took the advice from here, pirate and went with the RE uppers instead of the rustys, also went with the trac bar from RE. i went with the rustys lowers for short term while i build my long arms.

however i plan to run there leafs shackles and shocks till they break in half... :D

guess so... i personally took the advice from here, pirate and went with the RE uppers instead of the rustys, also went with the trac bar from RE. i went with the rustys lowers for short term while i build my long arms.

however i plan to run there leafs shackles and shocks till they break in half... :D

I haven't seen a fubar rusty's leaf.. since new years. =)

If you were to say "I'm running rusty's crap cuz its what i have and i havent replaced it yet", I'd give you a big thumbs up and smile.

But saying "Its great stuff it hasnt broken on me yet." is like .. well, its not LIKE anything, its just plain stupid. :)

But saying "Its great stuff it hasnt broken on me yet." is like .. well, its not LIKE anything, its just plain stupid. :)

haha i could see how that could be taken the wrong way over the interweb...

Lets take this a step deeper.

You, the biggest supporter Rusty's has had here for a while, had to start off your support by admitting their trackbar is a problem.

Its been a problem for more than 5 years, and they haven't addressed it yet.

Is that who you want to trust your life with?

cal, that trackbar on that '87 is the THIRD one from rusty's. at least they kept replacing it for free...i guess. and on a 2-by. 'nuff said.

I have never seen a forum where bashing anything but what you have is so prevelant as on here...When is the last time you have talked to or looked at the Ironrock site?

uh last night, and agin tonight, the frame mounts suck, the ground clearance sucks, the upper adjustment sucks, uh the whole kit sucks. it will work for those who have no idea on what there doing

OK so I will be nice since you SAID you looked at the site.... I just happen to know a few guys that have been running there old stuff for years and they have not had any problems.... Come see us at MOAB this year and watch this stuff work...I guess I don't know what I am doing but I know I won't have to work on my heep more than I wheel it...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and You are too... I would still buy their stuff over Rusty's and maybe even RE since I have experiance with Iron Rock and also RE. Don't get me wrong RE is nice but for the money I can wheel this stuff just as hard...for less money also...Thanks for your opinion though...

i like rustys control arm, theres some positive

I liked mine too until the weld that held the frame end bushing to the arm broke and left me in a world of hurt. Inspection showed that there was no penetration of the weld into the bushing end for 90% of the arms circumference and only a few hundredths of an inch penetration on the rest of it.

Ratchet straps make great replacements for a Rustys control arm.

John

Last edited:
i would not recommend rustys at all i have their big 6.5 in short arm lift and altho the only thing that have broken were the quick disconnects right after i got the jeep as well as the rear leaf spring broke in the middle of the main leaf i have many problems with their customer service as well as with their shipping. (they shipped the replacement spring to the wrong house). when i redo the lift i will be doing a different lift i really like the full traction lifts they are built really strong but are a little bit more expensive
just my 2 cents

I have never seen a forum where bashing anything but what you have is so prevelant as on here...When is the last time you have talked to or looked at the Ironrock site?

you must be new. or maybe you just have NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

when was the last time someone started a thread bashing clayton, or tnt,
or full traction.... hell even RC's lifts?
it doesnt happen, maybe a statement here or there....

you must be new. or maybe you just have NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

when was the last time someone started a thread bashing clayton, or tnt,
or full traction.... hell even RC's lifts?
it doesnt happen,
maybee we dont know what were talkin about

how about a challenge?

photographic evidence of quality of a rustys product?

ill get chu your pics tomorrow

thats different... dont expect to use a bolt on trac bar or lift kit and expect it to hold up to hard wheelin at the hammers. thats why you see people making there own links. if you are getting into that much of serious wheeling dont use "bolt on" parts...

I wheeled at the Hammers with my bolt on RE track bar. ;)

I have personally seen a Rustys track bar bracket break with less then 20 road miles on it in a parking garage. No wheeling involved. Explain to me how thats safe.

Just to get this farther off track, tell me why this is a well designed kit.
120908%2011.JPG

Rusty’s high clearance longs have an unprotected bend, unlike T&T Customs who use a piece of plate to keep the arms from bending there. They are worse then TerraFlex (built here locally), least when Tera Flex coppies other products (which is truely ALL they do) they do it right.
Where is the picture of the rolled TJ that killed the driver when the Rusty’s trac bar broke?
For years Rusty’s did have a horrible problem with leafs sagging. Since they have corrected it and changed manufactures.

Personally Ive ran Rustys 4.5 coils on my DD for 2 years now. It has easily seen 6ft of air to the bottom of the wheels w/ no working bump stops. The coils have held up great! I collapsed the last set of coils on it in about a year.
I run their 6.5" leafs on my trail rig, Its been out at hammers, Rubicon, Moab, etc.., been rolled twice, and hammered on weekly... Ive never had a problem with the leafs. Infact they are holding up extremely well.

To answer the last question yes you will hate 2" of up travel, but lifting you more will give you more up travel and less down travel. If you have 2" of down travel it will become a safety issue because the tires will lift around corners.

I wheeled at the Hammers with my bolt on RE track bar. ;)

I have personally seen a Rustys track bar bracket break with less then 20 road miles on it in a parking garage. No wheeling involved. Explain to me how thats safe.

prob the only one that would even stand a chance at that.
most of the southern/east coast wheeling involves hill climbs with stair steps and heavy use of the rev limiter. not much "low range" crawling to do out here.

Back