• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys trac bar

well unless i lift it more that trac bars not going on my jeep. heres a question..i have spacers for front and another addaleaf for the back 1.75". if i do lift it i will only have ~2" of up travel with the shocks. is that going to piss me off if i do it? another thing is the ebrake cables are damn near streached to the max, on side is on my muffler(flomaster(small muffler)). what do youall do about that?

Not sure what you are talking about with the lift and shocks, if you lift it more then you will be loosing down travel...but do you have any adjustment in your e-brake cable? If so then loosen it up some...Mine is from another vehicle and was already on the heep when I bought it so I have had no problems with the e-brake. Don't use it anyway..

Rusty's is the only company I have ever seen with a BBB rating of "F".

I've personally seen two rigs totalled due to rusty's trackbar failures.

I just bought a rig that has a rusty's HD on it. I could sell it, or give it to a local - but I'll be putting it in the chopsaw; from there it will go to the trash, not the scrap metal heep.

I have had no problems with it at all. They are doing some great R+D on alot of their products and I am liking them more and more...Their long arm is next for me...

iron rock doin R&D on there long arm? give me a break, there long arm is a joke

I have never seen a forum where bashing anything but what you have is so prevelant as on here...When is the last time you have talked to or looked at the Ironrock site?

So I can bend it?

Solid adds weight and cross sectional area.

Are you really going to load it enough to need the cross sectional area without breaking bolts first?

Bending stiffness is not dramatically increased by going from, say, 1.5x.25 to 1.5 solid.

Yes, it will increase, but not as much as you'd like.

If you have a straight panhard, it's going to be in straight tension or compression. If you have a bent panhard, the bends are work hardened.

If you're hitting your panhard on obstacles....

Rustys suck. Just went threw all kinds of crap from their track bar. Why did I not listen to all those telling me not to get my lift from them.

Rustys suck. Just went threw all kinds of crap from their track bar. Why did I not listen to all those telling me not to get my lift from them.

take offense to that... it is just there trac bar... not ALL of there stuff. i have been running there rear leafs, front steering conversion, shocks, rear shackles, front adj lower control arms and BEAT on my jeep. i however use RE trac bar/frame bracket. the lower arms have held up through everything. i just make sure they are greased before every ride.

take offense to that... it is just there trac bar... not ALL of there stuff. i have been running there rear leafs, front steering conversion, shocks, rear shackles, front adj lower control arms and BEAT on my jeep. i however use RE trac bar/frame bracket. the lower arms have held up through everything. i just make sure they are greased before every ride.

take offense to it all you want, it doesnt change that while you may have not had problems - a majority of us who have played with rusty's toy components have had major failures.

You and I (and he) may define 'beat on my jeep' differently too.

take offense to it all you want, it doesnt change that while you may have not had problems - a majority of us who have played with rusty's toy components have had major failures.

uh well i recall the last crawl magazine ian(from xtreme4x4) made a comment on rustys forged rod ends. they (xtreme 4x4) also have used his long arm kit and axle bracket kit on there cj8 scrambler build. i have seen it in action and it holds up very well.

but i guess its all different peoples opinions. to each his own.

uh well i recall the last crawl magazine ian(from xtreme4x4) made a comment on rustys forged rod ends. they (xtreme 4x4) also have used his long arm kit and axle bracket kit on there cj8 scrambler build. i have seen it in action and it holds up very well.

They use whatever gets donated to them for free, good is never a factor.

Go to the hammers and see how much Rusty's gear people are using.

thats different... dont expect to use a bolt on trac bar or lift kit and expect it to hold up to hard wheelin at the hammers. thats why you see people making there own links. if you are getting into that much of serious wheeling dont use "bolt on" parts...

If you define beat on your jeep as drive on dirt roads and the mall, rusty's might just sqweak by.

no i define beat on your rig as southern slippery muddy rocks and hill climbs. and bouncin your jeep off the rev limiter. i was just implying that there control arms, shocks, leafs, and shackles work for me. never tried that trac bar or coils so i cannot voice my opinion on those parts. i was just saying that the poster XJedi23 was implying that ALL of rustys stuff is crap when he was just complaining about the trac bar. so whoopdee do go get a better trac bar (re, tnt, jks)

Lets take this a step deeper.

take offense to that... it is just there trac bar... not ALL of there stuff. ...

You, the biggest supporter Rusty's has had here for a while, had to start off your support by admitting their trackbar is a problem.

Its been a problem for more than 5 years, and they haven't addressed it yet.

Is that who you want to trust your life with?

no i define beat on your rig as southern slippery muddy rocks and hill climbs. and bouncin your jeep off the rev limiter. i was just implying that there control arms, shocks, leafs, and shackles work for me. never tried that trac bar or coils so i cannot voice my opinion on those parts. i was just saying that the poster XJedi23 was implying that ALL of rustys stuff is crap when he was just complaining about the trac bar. so whoopdee do go get a better trac bar (re, tnt, jks)

I think he was implying that Rusty's, as a company, was crap.

I have to stand behind him on this. So does the BBB. So does Pirate4x4's userbase. So does Naxja's userbase. And JU. And Jeepforums. People feel this way for a reason.

Lets take this a step deeper.

You, the biggest supporter Rusty's has had here for a while, had to start off your support by admitting their trackbar is a problem.

Its been a problem for more than 5 years, and they haven't addressed it yet.

Is that who you want to trust your life with?

no thats why i said i run the RE HD trac bar. i just support them because of there pricing and experiance that i have had with them.

Back