• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running 2* Caster....

LouisianaZJ

NAXJA Member #1362
I got my Xj aligned the other day and it read 2* driver, 1.5* pass caster. this means I would want my UCAs shorter and my LCAs longer, right?
I have 4 RE front arms (non adj) and drop brackets and aprox 6-7" lift. The bolts that hold the caster adjuster are maxed out due to the extra 1/4" of the plate from the drop brackets and I see 4 shims in there, but I still have a good 1/2" of forward adjustment in the oval portion of the main LCA bolt hole. Should I go ahead and just move the bolt up and add shims w/o the nuts on the back. are the Re UCA's longer than stock? cause I could swap in some original UCA's for now to get a little more positive caster.

Or could I just leave it as is, it does not wander or DW or anything right now, so I hate to go messin around with it if its not causing problems right now and end up with more problems.
From what I read I want about 5* caster at my height. I dont see why my caster is so low though, due to the drop brackets, it should only be like 3" of lift on the CA angles due to the 4" drop of the brackets?

measured my arms, the uppers are 15" lowers are 16" which I have reaad from charts is VERY close to what I want at my height. How much longer do the lowers need to be to gain 2-3* caster

Back