• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Trail - June 26 - 30, 2010

You only need ONE for the whole group.

I got rods, two files, wire brush and jumper cables.

Need eye sheild, gloves... and expertise.

i have gloves and helmet, sand expertise... im sure we can figure it out. me you and i think MAx can weld or have the ability to. We should be OK.

Do you guys think it would be a bad idea to not have the gas tank skid for this trip?

Do you not have one or just need the time to get it installed?

I would offer to help but i still have to pack and buy food. Not to mention i have to check my alignment. fack!

We're not going through O-side. I'll be heading up 15 to 91 to 71 to 57 to 210 to 5. We can meet at the Park-n-Ride off 15 near 76 if you want.

that puts you further east. the 5 cuts from SD to downtown faster. Plus its less FWY's to take. Either one will work but since you guys in SD have the 15 and the5 really close off the 8 i would just take the 5 fwy. Your call.

Just for clarification, other then Vince and I is everyone coming up the 5 as a group? That would be boostamante, OceanJet, webdog, souske. There is also two others that havn't chimed in for a while: alboogie and knucklehead61. Are they coming and who are they caravaning with?

that puts you further east. the 5 cuts from SD to downtown faster. Plus its less FWY's to take. Either one will work but since you guys in SD have the 15 and the5 really close off the 8 i would just take the 5 fwy. Your call.

It adds about 8 miles and about 5 minutes going up through the IE as opposed to going up through downtown LA... but it allows me to avoid the 5 through downtown LA, which can be backed up any time of the day of night. I drive north a couple times a year, and I always go through the IE. I live about 1/2 mile from the 15.

I just checked the weather up there for the next 7 days. It's going to be in the low 80's during the day and low 50's at night. It will cool off a bit on Monday and Tuesday and get into the 40's at night. That is the warmest I have seen up there this year. Looks like it's going to be perfect weather.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA1083?sb_id=ms__id1528

It adds about 8 miles and about 5 minutes going up through the IE as opposed to going up through downtown LA... but it allows me to avoid the 5 through downtown LA, which can be backed up any time of the day of night. I drive north a couple times a year, and I always go through the IE. I live about 1/2 mile from the 15.

if you wanna avoid the 5 i understand but at that time of day on sat its not gonna be busy. You could aslo take the 5 fwy to the 405 split in Irvine and that bypasses thedowntown area and meets up the 5 fwy again in near the 210 and 5 connection.

let me know.

Oh yes, Alboogie is coming. dont know about the other guy.

Back