• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Trail Aug 5th - 7th

As a reminder to those who have done the trail before and to inform those who are first timers, there are no restroom facilities on the 'Con. You are also responsible for packing out your waste... yes, ALL your waste.

If you have not done so already, please get some WAG bags to bring with you.

wag-bags.jpg

Not completely true anymore, I went to spider last week from loon, there are toilets at loon, a vault toilet at the water crossing (Ellis I think) and porta potties at little sluice. I would guess that there are more places along the trail now but Still bring your own just in case!! One of these years I'm going to make one of these naxja sierrafest events!!

I am a definite yes for this trip. Ill be getting my rig in tip top condition until then.

And yes, there are porta potties at the bottom of the sluice box. I was there over the weekend of the 12-14th and they were disgusting. Make sure you bring your own toilet paper in with you as it is not provided.

Re: Re: Rubicon Trail Aug 5th - 7th

Not completely true anymore, I went to spider last week from loon, there are toilets at loon, a vault toilet at the water crossing (Ellis I think) and porta potties at little sluice. I would guess that there are more places along the trail now but Still bring your own just in case!! One of these years I'm going to make one of these naxja sierrafest events!!

Thanks for the update and I agree we should be prepared to deal with our personal waste regardless of what "facilities " are available. There have been makeshift outhouses constructed at buck island and left there for years obviously unserviced. They were rank and most people would rather crap in the woods rather than use the facilities - hence the reason to come prepared.

Hello everyone. I will be bringing my PETT toilet and shelter assy.
I have a lot of wagbags that I will bring as well. This system works great.

Well, I'm officially out. You guys are gonna have a blast. Make sure you stop at Spider Lake for a swim...well worth it.

I'm going to have to back out of this one as well.

Have a good one. take lots of pics.

see you next year.

Is anyone planning on camping at Loon Lake, Sunday night?

My tentative plan is to hit the road Sunday morning, and then arrive that evening. I'll camp out at the staging area (I understand there's a campground nearby?), and meet up with the group the next morning. Any takers?

My tentative plan is to hit the road Sunday morning, and then arrive that evening. I'll camp out at the staging area (I understand there's a campground nearby?), and meet up with the group the next morning. Any takers?

There is a campground at the other end of the lake, maybe 2 miles away. You can camp at the trailhead for free. Restrooms are right there too.

I'll probably be camping out at the trailhead Sunday night unless Rich (98ghostxj) can make it out. If he does, then we will be staying at his moms place in Pollock Pines and meeting everyone there at 9am. Likely scenario is me camping as he is pretty busy with his work. Torx you're more than welcome to give me a buzz next Saturday and gameplan if you'd like. six 5 zero two 00 5 two 38.

I am meeting buddy who got a room at ice house resort. He is from reno/vegas so were leaving
His car at icehouse resort so as I head back to bayarea I can drop him back at his car.
I am hoping to get up there about 11pm Sunday night.

Just wanted to say thanks to all on the Rubicon, had a great time, wish I was still there.
I hope PigPen fixes his exhaust. I am gonna try to hit slick rock up in Sept and hopefully,
In October before the cold.
Thanks again to the CON sierrafest crew, will be posting some pics soon.
John

Back