• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Run June 27th

This will only be my second trip with the new axels and the first on 33's. I am very excided to see how they work together.

Can't join this trip, but I'm wondering if I'm"Rubicon Ready".

My xj is on a 2.5" OME lift, 30's, tcase skid, sliders and ox lockers front and rear. I like keeping it as an expedition rig, but I would love to do the Rubicon.

Thoughts?

Obviously your main limitation is tire size but it is certainly doable. Drive skill and experience will have a lot to do with the outcome as well. You didn't mention a gas skid or steering upgrades or spares. Both would be a must.

Thanks, XJensen.
The only steering upgrade I have is a JKS trackbar, and discos.

By spares you mean axlenshafts I presume?

On well, time to buy more stuff. :)

Thanks, XJensen.
The only steering upgrade I have is a JKS trackbar, and discos.

By spares you mean axlenshafts I presume?

On well, time to buy more stuff. :)

The stock tierod can bend with little effort. A stock unit from a zj with a v8 is a nice upgrade or the Currie setup if you can and want to spend the coin on it. With your tire size I would be less concerned with the axles unless the rear is a 27 spline unit

I would always carry a spare rear DS and if you are going to run stock steering carry a couple spares, if a ZJ v8 tie rod, carry a single stock spare. I think you could get through , just take more time

The stock tierod can bend with little effort. A stock unit from a zj with a v8 is a nice upgrade or the Currie setup if you can and want to spend the coin on it. With your tire size I would be less concerned with the axles unless the rear is a 27 spline unit

Thanks for the wisdom!

I would always carry a spare rear DS and if you are going to run stock steering carry a couple spares, if a ZJ v8 tie rod, carry a single stock spare. I think you could get through , just take more time

I think you'd be fine. You might scrape the bottom of the Jeep on everything but you'd get through.

Looks like I wont be getting to camp until Friday around noon. Is there a plan around running trails?

I'm so bummed I couldn't get this off work. Have fun guys!

Skipper the plan is to do day runs into the con . Im sure we areadly have hit the trail well before noon.

Whats the caravan plan? Who is going up and when? Im going to try for a half day at work on thurs.im sure ill have packing to do and some last minute wrenching.

THE WAY I HEAR IT JON, YOU ARE BARELY UP BY NOON :greensmok

LOL. its more like 8-10am but I like to lounge around and relax. we can wait to hit the trail until noon-ish Friday if you for sure will be there around noon is time. I am looking forward to wheeling with you skipper!

I know Lou plans to be up there by 5pm. Josh, if you are not up there by then, Lou can fish some of the surrounding lakes? Lou plan on that and we can play it by ear. I am trying to caravan with Lou if I can get my crap together by the time he is rolling through.

Cool make a pit stop at my place on you way up and we can all roll together

Meet here around 4?

well, I cant guarantee it but ill try. Lou can for sure. I am shooting for a half day on thurs but can guarantee it.

Back