• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon in June

CRASH said:
Back to "definate" from "maybe".

Snow is melting really well right now, 80 degrees at Tahoe today.

CRASH
:clap:
Btw, do you know if those funky buckets with wall portapotties are up on the trail again?

I am still a heafty 'maybe' at this point. I am trying to get my Jeep ready but silly things like steering knuckles keep getting lost in transit. :banghead:

-Cracker

Jes said:
If you go to the Rubicon you should be carrying one of these... PETT and one of these... Spill kit.

I will be carrying some oil absorbent pads for the spill cleanups, although you're making a good point that we should probably have more of those.

In regards to the PETT, last year we managed to avoid mushroom planting by stopping at the porta potties that were on the trail, which is why I have asked if anyone knows whether they are still there or whether they got cleaned up and put in storage for the winter. I guess this is something that everyone should take responsibility for themselves (as in everyone needs to be responsible for their own s&$# :D).

Kejtar said:
:clap:
Btw, do you know if those funky buckets with wall portapotties are up on the trail again?

The outhouses at Rubicon Springs are the only ones available at this point.

Either hold it, or get some wags.

Is anyone coming up to the Rubicon from the San Diego area?

I have a spare axle shaft with a guy down in that area, if someones coming up, I'm wondering if they can grab it on their way..

-Cal

Remi,

I am 80% sure I can get my front Dana 44 done in time. Of all the things in your list I am good EXCEPT a passenger Dana 44 front inner axle shaft. I don't think I will have time to get a spare in time (passenger waggy if anyone has one). I am going to pray that someone might (BrettM) have one (or two) as a spare. I do have two spare outer (19 sline) and two spare hubs and U-Joints though. I will have chromoly shafts in there as well.

FYI

Avery

cracker said:
Remi,

I am 80% sure I can get my front Dana 44 done in time. Of all the things in your list I am good EXCEPT a passenger Dana 44 front inner axle shaft. I don't think I will have time to get a spare in time (passenger waggy if anyone has one). I am going to pray that someone might (BrettM) have one (or two) as a spare. I do have two spare outer (19 sline) and two spare hubs and U-Joints though. I will have chromoly shafts in there as well.

FYI

Avery
I don't see you breaking the 44 except busting a ujoint... so as long as you ahve a locker, a rag and if worst comes to worst.. you can 3 wheel it out of there :D

OOOF! I have my front Dana 44 99% done but have run into a couple of problems. Unless PARTSMIKEPARTS can next day air me a tierod/draglink and the correct high-steer brackets I am not able to go. Tomorrow I will lengthen my UCA and finish up everything except the steering.

I am now at 50% on making it. I won't give up though!

-Avery

:gay:

Paul S said:
I'm out. Gotta head East on business Monday & the wife won't allow a few days on the 'Con followed by a few days on business.

Have a great trip

Paul

That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing your weightless rig in action.

Paul S said:
I'm out. Gotta head East on business Monday & the wife won't allow a few days on the 'Con followed by a few days on business.

Have a great trip

Paul
YouAreWhipped.gif

i'm heading to the con be there sometime weds afternoon see ya there!!!

derek

I'm out. I worked so hard and got so close but.....it didn't happen. And all I needed was a stinkin' tapered hole! :doh: I needed to get my pitman arm hole for the drag link enlarged at the proper taper for my new set up but someone (no names) actualy forgot to put it in the package with my Next Day Air'd tie rod and drag link. This could be a blessing though. I really need to figure out all of the quarks (if there are any) and get it aligned and TEST it before taking it out on a long trip.

See you all at Swamp Lake!

-Cracker

Back