• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Leafs??????????????

Doesn't seem like another issue to me.

Looks like axlewrap from a hillclimb which is a common problem when running leaf springs, which is then exaggerated by running SOA.

Not RE's fault. You can't have a soft spring rate and expect to not have axlewrap without a traction bar.

That's why I said I should have had it on there. The "other issue" is a reason for me not having it installed. Read man read.

As far as not RE's fault...bushings are shot in both shackles (Their shackles) and I de-arched a spring. On a small hill climb? Come on. That souldn't have been an issue in my experience.

I did read, but both of those look like the same issue to me. Dearching leaf springs and blowing a u-joint right?

Axlewrap can wreak havoc on everything from leaf spring bushings to u-joints to pinion bearings and even dearch springs.

What gears/tire size are you running?

Not trying to pick a fight :cheers:

FWIW I've had my RE 3.5" leaves on my XJ and my previous XJ, so they've lasted probably close to 80k miles. With 4.88s and 35s I can literally watch the pinion wrap up if I do a brakestand. And that's just in 2H, not in 4L.

I did read, but both of those look like the same issue to me. Dearching leaf springs and blowing a u-joint right?

Axlewrap can wreak havoc on everything from leaf spring bushings to u-joints to pinion bearings and even dearch springs.

What gears/tire size are you running?

Not trying to pick a fight :cheers:
Not trying to pick a fight either, but it seems to happen on here more often than not :D (I'm sure that's my fault)

Anyway, 35's , 4.88s. Nothing major.

I didn't want to bash RE and it very well might not be "their problem" but it just seemed odd to me that the bushings would go that fast. The other spring sat crooked after the first trip out (sounds like BS I know, but it's true) the other bushings didn't go until now.

Honestly, you're right. It wraping up probably did cause all of this. But after re-reading through this thread I figured I could relate. The jeep is leaning (not gangsta lean) and the leafs are //. I just figured I'd joint the bitching.

Been there, done that. True statement. Spring over axle wreaks havoc on the springs w/no traction bar. Matter of fact, I've also broken an ear of a driveshaft yoke...on a locked Samurai on 32's...BIG tires and BIG motor...:viking: and no traction bar. It was amazing the difference once the bar was installed.:sunshine:

Back