• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express leaf bushings for Rusty's leafs?

i will have some new OEM replacement bushings (all 4) here in the next few days from Q-tec. i can take measurements with my dial caliper before i install them, if you want those kind of exact numbers.

let me know.

cornering the market for bushings would be some BS! i cant believe that there would be that many different size bushings for specific manufacturers leaf packs, especially when it makes more sense from a dollar stand point (for the manufacturer) to engineer a leaf around an oem sized bushing that is already on the market.

Last edited:
Whoever wants to measure feel free :)

I recall hearing the measurents a WHILE back and they seem very similar. Obviously the width of the collar will remaind the same as the shackle width and front leaf mounting points are not going to change in size....

But RE is hell bent on saying that as far as they know their bushings are specific to their leafs!

well, my OE replacements arent going to be here until Monday now.
i will still measure them once they get here.
the above post sounds like the Rustys are an OE size bushing.

Rubicon Express didn't tell me that, when the guy measured on the phone he said the body side was 2" and the shackle side was 1.5"

So they are the same size as Rusty's. The Rubicon bushings are not the same size at both ends of the leaf packs.

So it sounds as if these will definitely work. Not sure why RE was so set on always saying their bushings were specific to their leafs. I mean it isn't like they aren't trying to sell you their bushings, so I doubt that's the motive. Heh. I'll be ordering them soon through RE.

I just ordered a set of Rubicon Express rubber leaf bushings. The guy on the phone was very confused again and was saying their bushing sizes were different than Rusty's, although he again verified the size of their bushings at 2.0" for the front larger ones and 1.5" for the rear smaller ones and that is an OEM / Rusty's sized bushings.

I don't know why they are so confused, measurements don't really lie...

would it be too much to post a picture of those bushings before you install them?
i would like to see what they look like compared to the $35 cheaper OEM replacements from Q-tec.

Why yes of course it would be TOO MUCH to post a pic of them. Just kidding. When I get them I'll take some pics. Then contemplate how to get the old bushings out will be yet to come. Bah. I hate doing things that shouldn't need to be done so soon.

It was $86 shipped for the 4 RE bushings. From what I've seen the RE bushings last, which is what I am aiming for. And still have rubber as well.

Yeah man, the metal sleeves are riding on the bottom of the spring eyes. Not really any bushing action going on, lol.

I've got a friend also using Rusty's who has the "no bushings" symptom as well. He doesn't really care. I hate the noises it makes when loaded when wheeling. Also when you stop you can feel the axle move a tad. Obviously from the play in the bushings.

I assume they should be here sometime this coming week.

Go to Eaton springs web site down load there bushing pdf for sleeved rubber bushings, take your measurements and match to theres. they carry a huge selection of bushings,u bolts to order leaf spring tips and even 2.5" double lipped liner. good service and reasonable prices.

The bushings arrived today. Precisely 2" diameter for the large bushings and 1.5" diameter for the small bushings. So these should definitely work in my Rusty's packs, correct? I tried measuring the Rusty's bushings today (or whatever was left) but it was difficult especially since the leafs are still bolted up.

Bushings.jpg

LargeBushing.jpg
\
SmallBushing.jpg

those look practically identical to the OEM replacements from Quadratec that cost ~$35 less.

maybe the rubber is of a different grade or something who knows?.:dunno:

Back