• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubi 44

KSXJ said:
if you go to the jeep website and click details on the tow package it talks about a rear 44, but not a front 44 as an option. then the rubi has a 4:1 TC. So there are a few things the X with tow package wouldn't have.

Exactly, the unlimited (4 door) comes with the D44 rear standard, I am still doubtful about the D44 with just the tow package, would have to see one to believe it. I am not sure how it would be cheaper if it did come with both D44's seeing as nothing in will be off the shelf replacement parts. Odd-lengths and spline counts, probably gonna be a year or two until you see alloy upgrades.

I doubt it will take a year or two. The Rubicon's are very popular jeeps, and I'll be surprised if the major alloy manufactures arent' already working on their first production run.

That said, the new rubicons take a pretty good flogging stock without really noticing it. The electric lockers seem to hold up nice, and the 32's they come with don't do bad (new tread pattern bfg mt), but as with all bfg's, they go flat if you get too close to a tree.

I would not hesitate to grab a pair of the 44's and throw them under my XJ.

cal said:
I would not hesitate to grab a pair of the 44's and throw them under my XJ.

I definitely agree with this one.

Back