• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rotating centersections...??

a_hiatt

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone ever heard of rotating the centersection of the axle to get a better driveshaft angle. do you rotate just the center or the whole axle??
just wondering cause i could use it

You will want to cut and turn the Cs. Those are what the knuckle bolts to. I believe 2-3* of caster is optimal (not really sure, haven't specifically researched this yet). Cutting and turning the Cs basically rotates the whole axle. To rotate the center section would be hard to do because of the rosette/plug welds holding it press fit to the tubes. Look for turning the Cs on here and pirate and I think you should be able to find what you need.

Timmay said:
You will want to cut and turn the Cs.
Unless of course we're talking about the rears, which is when most folks use shims on the springpad or cut and rotate the pads.

Yucca-Man said:
Unless of course we're talking about the rears, which is when most folks use shims on the springpad or cut and rotate the pads.

dont forget about shock mounts if your cutting and turning... might as well...

Back