• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Well if you hadn't been a tard and cut off the stock arms, you could have run crossover steering and brought the whole rig down lower.

I couldn't get below 6.75" lift because of the pumpkin more that the steering and I too am runnin highsteer.

2011-11-21_16-50-49_836.jpg

Shhhhh I am going to tell Ross his axle is awesome till he narrows my 44 for me :moon:

Got the shock mounts all done and the coil bucket plating done too. Bumpstop towers and stuff are all done and in place, just gotta add some gussets on the inside to it and prep it for an engine hoop. Got the lower pads all built too, used some 3.5" round UHMW with some B7 threaded rod to hold it all together. Theres a plate between that and the actual lower coil bucket that has a tab to hold the coil in too.

2hxm1w0.jpg

29qcy95.jpg

2iaq2iv.jpg

o0sbc6.jpg

Right about at right hieght.

micoao.jpg

Back on its own wieght again.

mr2zjc.jpg

24g60jd.jpg

oaqed5.jpg

Time to yank the front end for one last time and then out it all back together for one last time. Gotta make sure I get some paint all over it too.

Re: Ross's Jeep that might actually get done...Might

Looks good. I thought you streched you wheel base buy bringing the front axle forward? but in this pic it looks like its sitting farther back?

The coil buckets are straight up on the axle tube, so that's a little stretch there. The arms aren't fully adjusted yet too, that will push a little bit more and line evrything up better. My front driveshaft is gunna hate life too, angles kinda suck on it.

Right about at right hieght.

micoao.jpg

One thing I see with this is the bump and the platform are not perpindicular. As the axle travels up, it will be also slightly arching outwards, and it is going to turn that airbump into a cantilever on the inner fender. I would not be surprised if you end up bending either the mount or the bump.

Back