• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rolled my jeep now what

Once I find my usb cable for my camera I will post some driveway pics. lets just say I bought a tow rig a week or two later. It was my daily driver. Rockken what are the down tubes attached to?

Scott
Lafayette

good idea and have a canvas top made for rain a snow... thats a great idea an

rockjock said:
It is coming on winter here in the great state of indiana. The jeep is still covered with a tarp and sitting in my driveway. I'm looking for ideas and pictures of what I should do with it. I have too much money in it to sell it. And I really love my family truckster. Any help or pictures would help. I'm leaning toward cutting the back half off and putting in a cage. what do you guys think.

Scott
Lafayette Indiana

xj0175.jpg

Sorry to miss lead this isn't my jeep. I saw these pics on :NAXJA: a while ago and since then have idolized the work seen above. But if anyone has more info on this jeep that would be great (not trying to be a thread hog).

rockjock said:
Once I find my usb cable for my camera I will post some driveway pics. lets just say I bought a tow rig a week or two later. It was my daily driver. Rockken what are the down tubes attached to?

Scott
Lafayette

I bought this jeep already setup like this. The guys at ground control 4x4 built it. Here is a link of the build up. It does not have that much info, but does show different stages of the build. The down tubes are tied into the subframe. It's a bit hard to see, but the sliders on the side are the same material as a cutting board. Under that, is where that piece of square tube, where the down tubes connect, ties into the subframe.
http://www.groundcontrol4x4.com/88cher.htm

take a carpet knife and cut the gasket on the inside of the window. Glass then will pry out. My 01 had a bit of adhesive on the outside sheet metal but over all they came right out.

Pull the roof line back up a little put a windshield back in it and try again. It dosen't look a whole lot worse than my DD.

Pick up the proper tool it's a simple wire and handles, they are in expensive and work great.

rockjock said:
If I do chop it. Does anyone know a good way to get the side glass out without a hammer.

SCOTT

Bent flat blade screwdriver will remove the seals to the rear windows ASAP!!!
Quick and easy..

Back