• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktober-Fest 2010!!!

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Sorry for the delay with this folks, but Keith and I have been VERY busy lately with work and home projects... we FINALLY got all of this figured out though...and ....Its OFFICIAL!!!

The 2ND Annual Rocktober-Fest is October 22-23rd. This is a Friday and Saturday, with optional wheeling on Sunday then too. We have set it up much like it was last year. We have the group tenting area reserved at Twin Grove Campground, and there are also cabins available at the campground too. On FRIDAY night we'll be having a traditional October-Fest meal catered by the campground at the Clam Bake Pavilion (the same one that we used for NAC-Fest). As for the traditional german beverages that go along with any good October-Fest meal...... lets just say BYOB...
Here is the campground website for more info:
www.twingrove.com

So basically, much like last year, this is a party where some wheeling will break out...:yelclap::yelclap: Plan on some quality campfire time in the evenings, along with some excellent days on the trails at RC. As for a trail coordinator and trail guides, we just plan on winging it. With this group we always have some excellent guides out with us, and we'll just get into groups as efficiently and quickly as possible. If you have any questions about which group you should be in, come find Keith or I and we'll help get you into a suitable group. Please try to be at RC by 8:00am, and be in a group and ready to go by 9:00am.
We do need to charge a little bit to cover SOME of our food costs though. It is $10/person, and as usual, kids 12 and under are free. Just plan on paying FRIDAY night when you get to the Clam Bake Pavilion.

As for a raffle.... well, you never know...:firedevil

Additionally, NJJA is having their Crawl for the Cure on Saturday October 23rd. We are working with them this year, and have switched our meal for Friday night. Additionally, we have invited the NJJA folks to come out wheeling with us on Friday, and join us for our Rocktober-Fest meal Friday night. Since they are having their BBQ/Raffle Saturday night, we felt this was the best way to make it possible for our members to attend BOTH events. There is a $25 Pre-Registration fee for the NJJA event, please review this thread (or see the stickied post) for all the details for the NJJA Crawl for the Cure on Saturday.

This was so much fun last year, I am SOO looking forward to this again!!

:party::party::party:

So who is coming??

A.

Last edited:
i'm going to have to ask if i can have that weekend off. it'll likely be my first time off with this work... ever... so one weekend in 3 months is i'm sure OK. there's an off chance i may have to be in texas for a training class that week, but i'll check on that

going to have to make sure i'm there though! i had a BLAST at rausch for NACfest, and now that i'm less than 100 miles away (aka.. AAA distance) I'll be able to hammer down!

now that i'm less than 100 miles away (aka.. AAA distance) I'll be able to hammer down!

:party:

this should be another wickd good time, hopefully ill try and make it. red jeep should have enough trail-worthy stuff by then to let me have some fun. i may even try the whole "drive there, wheel, drive home" thing with no tow rig :shocked:

Hopefully i will have the new rad in the jeep and be ready to roll by then...only moved it once since nac-fest

I wish my MJ was going to be done for this.

Maybe I'll take Friday off and just come join you guys anyway.
This sounds familiar :roflmao:

Hopefully I won't be in Fort Collins for a new prototype power-up or something then. Consider me there, unless work prevails.

And hopefully I'll have a set-o-ramps built and the 5ton ready to roll. The 96 is dooooooooomed.

This sounds familiar :roflmao:

Hopefully I won't be in Fort Collins for a new prototype power-up or something then. Consider me there, unless work prevails.

And hopefully I'll have a set-o-ramps built and the 5ton ready to roll. The 96 is dooooooooomed.

You mean the 96 will be ready to roll :roll:.
I will be there Friday night and wheeling Saturday unless I can get out of class on Friday.

You mean the 96 will be ready to roll :roll:.
I will be there Friday night and wheeling Saturday unless I can get out of class on Friday.
I've driven it a couple hundred miles in the last month or so.

It's nowhere near wheelable but that can be fixed, and I've been fixing it gradually for a while now. I'm going to blow some more boogers on the LCA mount that's busted/half-ass-patched, finish the floors, cut the fenders the rest of the way, throw the rear receiver back on, and call it good.

It's doomed and at this point I would like to go back to trying to keep 3 vehicles rolling instead of 4, it will ease the parking situation and make my insurance company like me just a little bit less :roflmao:

pending how work is goin i may take sun off, so i have a day to recuperate

I am pretty sure I will be there.

I will be there, I can't get Friday off, but will leave after work. Should have Kelly's Jeep trail ready by then.so count me in X2

not going to miss this one!

I should be there Friday, as my company will have probably gone out of business by then.

hopefully I will have my gears done by this one!

Back