• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree Nov 18-19, information

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Rockin' XJ Jamboree
Johnson Valley, CA
Nov 18-19, '06​

Come join us for an XJ/MJ run at one of the premire 4wheeling locations in California. Johnson Valley, home of the Hammer Trails, has the best hard-core trails around, plus moderate and easy trails, miles and miles of dirt roads for exploring, and even some sand dunes. So whether you're a JV regular or have never been there before, have a dedicated rock crawler or a stock XJ, come out and join us for a fun weekend of wheeling.​

Saturday Night Dinner and Raffle
Saturday evening a dinner of burgers and brauts will be provided to all participants. Cost of dinner is $6 per person. After dinner there will be a raffle, with proceeds going to Friends of Panamint Valley and the SoCal Chapter of NAXJA. Friends of Panamint Valley is the lead organization in the fight to reopen Surprise Canyon. Raffle tickets will be available onsite.​

Dinner around 6:30 pm
Raffle around 7:30 pm​

Location and Camping Information
Main camp will be on Means Dry Lake in the Johnson Valley OHV area. There are no camping fees, and also no facilities, so this is dry camping. Portable toilets will be provided. Campfires are allowed and encouraged, but burning pallets is prohibited. Means Dry Lake is roughly 4 miles down a graded dirt road from HWY 247, and is accessable to all types of RV's, with lot's of open flat area.​

T-Shirts
Sm, Med, Large, and X-Large $16
XXL and XXXL $18

T-shirt orders need to be recieved no later than Oct 15th. A very limited number of T-shirts will be available onsite. Please send your name, shirt size, and quantity with your order.

T-shirt orders including payment, and payment for dinner tickets, can be submitted by PayPal to [email protected] and you can pay using a credit card through PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account e-mail the order to [email protected] and an e-mail will be sent to you with a PayPal link to use.​

Directions to Johnson Valley
Johnson Valley is approximately 45 miles east of Interstate 15 on Hwy 247. From most directions, exit Interstate 15 at Bear Valley Rd in Hesperia. Go east on Bear Valley Rd and then on Hwy 18 for about 20 miles to Lucerne Valley. At Luncerne Valley, continue straight on Hwy 247. After crossing a four way stop, continue straight on Hwy 247, which is also Old Woman Springs Rd, for about 22 miles to Boone Rd. Look for a sign at Boone Rd saying Johnson Valley OHV Area, Boone Rd. Turn left onto Boone Rd, which is dirt, and go about three miles to an intersection where the main traffic goes to the left. Turn left, the road drops through a gulley, and continue another mile to the dry lake bed. Main camp will be at the dry lake bed.

For additional information contact Richard Gauthier by PM to Goatman, or e-mail at [email protected], or simply post on this forum.

I'll be there and I'll have a set of my custom door guards for the raffle.
Hopefully someone who has doors and actually drives their junk on the street will win them. :D

I would like to go but my XJ is not ready, is it ok to go in my TJ?
Also is this a "Red Name" naxja member only run?

Letterman said:
I would like to go but my XJ is not ready, is it ok to go in my TJ?
Also is this a "Red Name" naxja member only run?

This is a Goatman/Naxja run........and while it's an XJ run anyone and any rig is welcome. I would like to know who's coming so we can be properly prepared, but I know some can't make a decision until the last minute.

I am a definite maybe.

CRASH said:
I am a definite maybe.

I wonder when you're going to crawl out of your hole and come join your buds again..........those of us who can't drive up to Forest Hill for some bashing and brews.

Is the URF Racing business going so strong that you just can't afford to get out and play anymore.........? You must have some new prototype stuff that you need to get out and show off.

I have some through-the-dash pics, coming soon to an Advanced Fab thread soon. Working on wiring my junk, finishing the dash.

Oh, had that little house re-roof project as well......... :D

Just a reminder to get your T-shirt orders in (and dinner) by Oct 15. Pre-paying will let me have more fun not having to mess with a bunch of cash at the event.

Thanks,

Me too. I can't wait to go see some scenery this year! I am prolly going to bring a bike or quad to scoot around on... so much easier than walking!

You going to tow?

Letterman said:
Same here!

Also can you put me down for one X-Large T for $16 and that $6 dinner please (I will send you a PM about this too)

Nice to hear you are in for sure. :thumbup:

Same order for me too, one XL shirt and one dinner.

I got a couple new doors I need to break in. :wierd: I can't wait to get back down there.

As of now, I'll be there. Had an awesome time last year, and expect this year to be just as good. I'll be more prepared for the cold nights... :cool:

BC, I'll bring some breakfast burrito ingredients :cheers:

Richard,
Mary and I are trying to get off work that weekend.

Jes,
Haven't forgotten about the trailer request, waiting t hear from the guy I borrow from.
Tom

Back