• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree (Goatfest) Nov 22-23.....details/info

Hope I make it. Doesn't look too good right now. :(

Thanks Farmer Matt and Mattyj, see you Friday around noon!! :cheers:

Oh and if anyone needs parts or such picked up and brought up Fri let me know.

Have fun out there all week, you lucky...... :)

We're running claw Friday afternoon. Figure we can leave a rig up there overnight.

We're running claw Friday afternoon. Figure we can leave a rig up there overnight.

On claw theres no reason to leave anything/one behind. if you can make boone rd in...

On claw theres no reason to leave anything/one behind. if you can make boone rd in...

You're kidding right? You've wheeled before right? You've been to the hammers right?

Nothing is safe out there on the rocks. Major breakage can happen to anyone and anywhere where you have to leave a vehicle in order to get parts or tools. Not everyone carries everything and the kitchen sink. Especially those who are built up enough that they think they can get away without spares.

Case in point: The infamous mid-day claw run the turned into a night run after Jim Brown got married. I popped a bead, changed the tire, then popped a sidewall. Mike Rollins twisted his rear driveshaft. I think there was some other carnage too.

But the thing that left a vehicle on the trail was a broken Dana 60 35 Spline ALLOY shaft at the wheel mounting surface (not the spline end).

How many people would carry a spare 35 spline spline Dana 60 shaft if you're running Alloy's? Even on 37's on claw. Well, not Ray Pili.

So Ray had to leave his vehicle on the trail for some junk yard hunting the next day.

in a bodied rig, on 35's d30 front and 8.8 rear 6" of lift and never doing claw, goatfest or something like xjfest? forget the name in 2006 (same event). Ran claw fri night about 11 or so, then sat for the trail run. then again sat night at like midnight. all the while not having ne issue or anyone else on the night runs, except opie pulling a bfg off the bead (seems like every trail I been on with him he did that though).

THATS what I base it off of......

Looks like I'll be up there Friday, too... so someone hold a bitch seat open for me!! My XJ won't be ready for anything terribly challenging (read: "Scenic Run"), but I'll waste the gas to drive it up rather than a Mazda 626 simply because I have to! I may be shameless, but not that shameless!
Carol

in a bodied rig, on 35's d30 front and 8.8 rear 6" of lift and never doing claw, goatfest or something like xjfest? forget the name in 2006 (same event). Ran claw fri night about 11 or so, then sat for the trail run. then again sat night at like midnight. all the while not having ne issue or anyone else on the night runs, except opie pulling a bfg off the bead (seems like every trail I been on with him he did that though).

THATS what I base it off of......

Ah, OK, that's basically my setup now, and I've done claw more times then that. I was kind of kidding when I asked if you'd ever been out there.

My point was, stuff does happen, and rigs have been known to be left on claw overnight on more then one occasion. I've seen it. Not myself personally though.

I've done claw several times on 32's and 33's with 260 u joints and 1 locker (not up front). Just because I didn't break a shaft doesn't mean it doesn't happen :D.

Dammit, Stone Brewery doesn't open until 11AM. If I stop there on my way out for growler fills, that doesn't put me at the lake bed until 2:30 or 3.

Looks like i wont get out of work till about 5 now...that should put me out there about 730. Guess it will be a night run only for me on Friday.

Last edited:
Back