• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree, directions and more info

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We'll have a table set up to pick up your T-shirts and buy raffle tickets on Fri evening and before dinner on Sat. Dinner on Sat will be around 6:30, depending on getting everyone off the trails. Dinner is $10, but is free if you're wearing your Team NAXJA T-shirt, so bring it if you already have one and be sure to pick it up if you ordered one.

We'll have the raffle after dinner on Sat. There will be a few items included, if you have something you'd like to bring to include in the raffle that would be great. The big prizes will be four winners who will drive mine, Paul's, Dave's, and Farmer Matt's buggy's on a trail run on Sunday. We should easily get in a few trails and not be out there all day, and it should be a blast for everyone.

We will have a couple of portable PETT toilets set up on the lakebed by camp. These toilets use WAG bags, which will be set out by each toilet. The bags are reusable for a couple of uses, and if you use them, you need to carry out your own WAG bags.

We will camp on Means Dry Lake, which is on Boone Rd about 3 miles north of Hwy 247 in Johnson Valley. If you're coming from I15, get off on Bear Valley Rd and go east to Lucerne Valley. There is a 4 way stop in Lucerne where you go straight, which is Hwy 247/Old Woman Springs Rd. Go 22 miles from the stop sign on Hwy 247 to Boone Rd, which is a dirt road that only goes to the left, with a brown BLM Boone Rd sign on the right side of the road. Go north on Boone Rd about 3 miles to the lake bed. If you have an RV, take it slow, Boone Rd isn't very smooth.

If coming from I10, exit onto Hwy 62 and go north to Yucca Valley. Turn left onto Hwy 247 and go 20 miles to Boone Rd, turning right and go the 3 miles to the lake bed.

See everyone out there, :wave:

Will Matt be bringing his nuts? Does he have more than one variety?

i'll be coming in late friday night, in my stocker MJ. i'll be the guy going camp to camp trying to find someone i know. :D

i'll be coming in late friday night, in my stocker MJ. i'll be the guy going camp to camp trying to find someone i know. :D

Hey grimm I am leaving at about 4-5ish from 57 and 91 on fri. after work. What time you leaving?

well... work till 6, coming home to say bye to the wife and kids, and wait out traffic. i'll be taking the 91 to the 15 around 7 i hope. i'll have the CB on CH4, if i see ya towing the buggy i'll fall in line :D

Another shot of the main raffle prizes. Sundays run will be a blast for the four winners. :)

How many trails should we run?

standard.jpg

413798131_YUn2b-XL.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I tell you what Richard.
I'll send along some money for the raffle, but if I win, all I want to do is bomb down some trails in Dave's rig.
I don't even know how a well suspended Cherokee works!

:D

BTW....Sunday won't work for me...can I get a rain check?

;)

I tell you what Richard.
I'll send along some money for the raffle, but if I win, all I want to do is bomb down some trails in Dave's rig.

;)

If folks want to buy raffle tickets, and can't make it this weekend, if your ticket is pulled we'll do one rain check for a drive on another weekend. We'll still have four winners who are there. Send money with someone or let me know you'd like tickets.

I tell you what Richard.

;)

If you win, they'll let one of us drive by proxy for you, don't worry, we've got your back. :)

Does anyone have GPS coordinates for the camping spot?

N34 24.720 W116 30.928

That should get you within spitting distance.

A word about using the head out there.

Many will have campers or motorhomes, but we'll have the PETT toilet for those who need it. This toilet uses what are called WAG bags, and we'll have a box of them there with the head. The directions for use are on the bags. Please dispose of your own bag, don't leave it in the box. Also, be sure to use the bags. I hate to say it, but one year someone used the toilet without a bag, and we had to clean it up. :eek:

The head will be in a small tent enclosure, so look around for it.

See you out there,

bump for those not sure about how to get there

Oh it feels like xmas tonight, i am so excited!!

I think Im finally packed and ready.

The dog is almost as excited as I am.

I will bring an extra large table just in case you need another one Richard.

KH

Back