• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock slider poll

Sliders with or without outer tubes

• With outer tubes

Votes: 104 80.0%
  • Without outer tubes

Votes: 26 20.0%

• Total voters
I got mine from aj, without the tubes. Im still running mine without, but may add it later. I've been fine without it, but many of my shorter friends would like it as a step into the back.

Hey if you decide to add the outer tubes we sell the add on kit with the supports, all you need is some time and welding. Makes it super simple.

x3 on the rocker replacement.

clearance, strong, simple... and gets rid of the mud & dirt collecting rockers.
if you've ever been in mud, or driven on wet dirt roads I would guess you have mud/dirt in your rockers. get rid of it now, before it rusts the rockers out.

you bugars in the deep south suck... no snow, no salt/sand on the roads in winter... no rusted out rockers and floor... no load bearing carpet, a pox on you!

x3 on the rocker replacement.

clearance, strong, simple... and gets rid of the mud & dirt collecting rockers.
if you've ever been in mud, or driven on wet dirt roads I would guess you have mud/dirt in your rockers. get rid of it now, before it rusts the rockers out.

you bugars in the deep south suck... no snow, no salt/sand on the roads in winter... no rusted out rockers and floor... no load bearing carpet, a pox on you!

:huh: Now, now. We do have the intolerable beaches and salt water here in the Tampa Bay Area. LOL :piratefla:

:huh: Now, now. We do have the intolerable beaches and salt water here in the Tampa Bay Area. LOL :piratefla:

I'm crying for ya here... crying.

put the tubes on the sliders. It gives you a step for grabbing equipment from the roof. It gives you a jacking point with the high-lift. It will help keep rocks away from the lower part of the doors. You can even use it for tow straps to prevent a roll-over. The uses are endless!

I work under a lot of Jeeps, and let me tell you this, it's nice to have something to grab a hold of in the rocker area to help pull you out/up, be it the tube or rocker replacement.

put the tubes on the sliders. It gives you a step for grabbing equipment from the roof. It gives you a jacking point with the high-lift. It will help keep rocks away from the lower part of the doors. You can even use it for tow straps to prevent a roll-over. The uses are endless!
x2, plus it saves you from getting dings from other doors when you're crawling the mall.

I highly recommend doing this:
http://madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/SRrockerPanels/RockerPanels.htm

A buddy I wheel with just did it on his rig for about $100 in material, and worked GREAT as we were playing in a large rock garden, and sticks out just far enough to provide good protection for the lower doors
CIMG5061.jpg

After seeing how easy this is, and how cheep it can be done for, I'm going to be doing this very shortly after fitting the Jeep with 33's, I would do it sooner, but want to make sure I trim enough first.

This is my jeep and my advise is without, if you want them later you can add them. Every time I get in and out of the jeep I'm on the rockers. the tubes added to this would suck. To give yourself an idea measure from your pinch seam the 5 1/2'' it would stick out. Thats if you went this route. I love these things, I can even stand on them to get in my roof rack. Right after this pic I had the HiLift under the drivers side rocker.

Back