• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Rails.......

Can you post the dementions and materials? I'm looking to make some soon and I like your design.
Thanks,
Neil

Sure. The main beam is a 5' piece of 2x4 tube (RECT.) 3/16" thickness. The mounts are 4x4 1/4" angle and the spar on top for mounting to the pinch seam is 1x1 (sqr.) 3/16" and 5' long. (however the pinch seam mount got shortend b/c it was interfearing with the bottom fender bolts. The beam between the rail and the angle is a piece of 1.5x1.5 3/16th (sqr.) that is flush welded to the main beam and the angle. I'll post pictures of the mount points and this one mounted when I get there. I set the beam in place with a tranny jack and c clamped the angle to the frame where I wanted it mounted. Then tacked it all in place for a TIGHT custom fit! The main beam has 45deg cuts at each end that will be capped with 4" flat cut to length to help them slide up over rocaks! The 1.5x1.5 is the leftover of the main beams for the roof rack I'm about to start! I am new to this so don't be to harsh on the slopy welding! LOL!

Back