• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler 3 link

I just got done installing this kit and needed the welding instructions again because I lost them so if anyone could tell me the welding instructions it would be much appreciated

Jeff

im just going off the top of my head but i believe it gets welded like this

the long side of the bracket gets 3 welds with like a 1/4 of an inch inbetween each weld. You do that to both side, and the short sides just get a weld straight across.

I've seen people just weld the thing entirely and nothing happen, but i would stick to RK's direction.

Mack i don't know why they don't grease the joints before there sent out. My guess is less time in production so you get a cheaper product. Also some guys use their trucks as strict trail rigs so they don't mind a little noise. The joints get the proper greasing if you fill by the grease fitting, its just if you want it completely silent, then thats what you got to do.

All installs at my shop are done the way I explained above, whether we know its a dd or not. Customer satisfaction is top priority!

Matt

i think that's the Gen I kit you got there xjlander. i heard that there were a lot of problems with the Gen I stuff, but with the new stuff i've heard only great things. i'm going to be ordering this kit once i get paid. i'll be giving ya a call soon matt6669.
-Matt

if you got questions or you want a good deal call Scott at creasey offroad
tell him nick from california sent you

hes done tons of these lifts.....put on a few with him actually

he can get you the info and or tell you how

when your in doubt read the directions.....no really!

the rk kits even tell you the size of wrench to use

and yes its a 1 1/4 jam that you were thinking of. im not sure who it was that wrote that but you are 100% correct the rk kit is awesome when its put on right.

my wj would do 100 plus and smooth as silk

now that i reflect on it... i wish i got my kit from Matt. haha sounds like he definitely stands behind all the products he sells. Scott at creasey had misleading communication, i'd deal with Ben at Creasey instead!

When i ordered mine the only thing he didnt fully understand that the RK kit takes 10 days to get outta their shop and another 4-8 days to ship.. he told me it would be here at my house in 10 days.. Otherwise he was very cooperative and just had a misunderstanding on the delivery of the RK kit.

I will say one thing, with that shipping is you can't put all the blame on Scott at Creasey. I don't know when you ordered your kit, but what happened was, we totally blew out all of RK's stock and they switched their sheetmetal guys so they had no parts to send out. So their shipping was delayed as the new guys were cutting the parts out. So though Creasey could of found out it wasn't all Scott's fault.

Swamper I will write back to your pm tomorrow when I get out of work. I just got in and I need to be up in 4 hours for work, so my brain isn't all there to give you detailed instructions but expect them by like 6 Friday afternoon.

Like #2 said as long as the kit is installed properly I've never heard of anyone having a problem. I'm all the way in Jersey and I sold a kit to a guy in Oregon. With out communications back and forth, everything went smooth as can be and he loves his kit. Were actually in the process of getting his buddy setup. I always tell people when they order, please email me, call me, i give out my personal cell phone number to most people if they have any problem just give me a ring were here to help.

On another note, just a few more days left for our blow out sale on RockKrawler and Ox components, get them while there hot, I doubt you'll see prices this low for a while

Matt

I dont know if this will help, but here's my 6.5" RK long arm, I'm flexed up on my other jeep, with 6" suspension and 3" body lift, 37" tires and poison spyder tube fenders, I admit it was alitte iffy when I got up their, the back driver side tire wasn't really getting any traction but it was still "kinda" on the ground
pic2.jpg

SizedSunp0004.jpg

SizedSunp0002.jpg

SizedSunp0001.jpg

SizedSunp0003.jpg

I dunno if this helps, but their ya go

shimmy said:
i just installed the LA's and they are loud as hell. because of the joints, theres a substantial amount of road noise, compared to kits using a rubber bushing and RE super flex joint. Also, the grease fittings that come with the kit are crap, i broke like 3 of them! overall, the kit does ride nice, minus the noise... and is very stable on the road at 70mph! check out creasey offroad, they have the best price on this kit by far! if you wanna know how much i paid, just pm me.

Where can i get the stupid grease fittings i when to 3 diferent auto parts stores and they dont carry that size

herreraxto The only please i have found that has them is RockKrawler and I don't know where they get them from. Give a call to RockKrawler you should have them in a few days.

matt6669 said:
herreraxto The only please i have found that has them is RockKrawler and I don't know where they get them from. Give a call to RockKrawler you should have them in a few days.

i just call them and ordered 20 just incase, also i was think to redill and get the standart size on it

az4wheeler2002 said:
I dont know if this will help, but here's my 6.5" RK long arm, I'm flexed up on my other jeep, with 6" suspension and 3" body lift, 37" tires and poison spyder tube fenders, I admit it was alitte iffy when I got up their, the back driver side tire wasn't really getting any traction but it was still "kinda" on the ground
pic2.jpg

SizedSunp0004.jpg

SizedSunp0002.jpg

SizedSunp0001.jpg

SizedSunp0003.jpg

I dunno if this helps, but their ya go
Is that first pic near Prescott...Smiley maybe?

Back