• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock kraler almost killed me.........

maybe 9 or 10 threads look to be engauged... but my question is why is the jam nut so far away from the engauged threads... I mean... it doesn't make sense

with the OP's name, KCsurfer420, I wonder if maybe he was smoking a little weed and forgot to tighten down the jam nut... sorry if I am wrong... just saying if it was a true part failure it would have ripped the threads out... but it doesn't look that way in the pictures

and I after closer inspection the hime is to small for the threded part on the bar....... o well
So i think you should post up an apology to RK, unless the too small heim is the one they supplied, this is YOUR fault and you are a clown for compaining about customer service if YOU dicked it up and want THEM to take care of it

/thread

and I after closer inspection the hime is to small for the threded part on the bar.......

so basically you were too high to notice this :confused1

I am just rassin you bud... just be careful... it was a small mistake... but it could have had BIG consequences... it could have cost you your life

Last edited:
Those threads are clean with no loctite. When doing suspension work Loctite is your friend.

Those threads are clean with no loctite. When doing suspension work Loctite is your friend.

I would usually agree but there is no way a hiem is unthreading without one end of the trac bar bieng unhooked....and at the point your pretty much F'd anyways :hang:

What don't you like about it?

The fact that it takes one place out of four notoriously weak mounting points for control arms away.

It would be fine if they included stronger mounting points for the other three control arm mounts but they don't and it's already too easy to rip them off with all four points used.

So i think you should post up an apology to RK, unless the too small heim is the one they supplied, this is YOUR fault and you are a clown for compaining about customer service if YOU dicked it up and want THEM to take care of it

/thread

geez, nut swinger. I just looked at the site, the heim is included. And apparently it is "Super" rugged haha. There is no reason other than defects(either manufacturing and/or material) for that to fail how it did in my opinion. Plenty of threads, and even if the jam nut did work loose, still looks damn new to me, not even any rust or corrosion. The warranty only says abuse though, not driving on the freeway failures haha. Oh, but Jeremy is the man haha, no way anything he stamps his name on could EVER fail.

"The Rock Krawler bomb proof adjustable front track bar is made from solid alloy steel. The track bar relocation bracket at the frame is made from 1/4" thick laser cut steel for the ultimate in durability. There is also a hardware upgrade for the axle connection that is included in the kit. All parts come with our exclusive Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty!
System Benefits:
-Perfect steering relationship
-Super rugged construction
-Properly center the front axle
-Valid from 6.5 to 8.0 inches of lift
-Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty

Last edited:
The fact that it takes one place out of four notoriously weak mounting points for control arms away.

It would be fine if they included stronger mounting points for the other three control arm mounts but they don't and it's already too easy to rip them off with all four points used.
The upper mount used is the driver's side one. If you're breaking that, you got bigger problems...frame side none of the stock stuff is used.

You are still taking away one mounting point putting the stress on the other three.
Right, but your complaint was that it used the stock weak mounts. The only potentially weak stock mounts are the lower axle side mounts, and for $100, you can buy new heavier duty mounts if you're really worried about it. Mine has been on for comin on 3 yrs or so now, and no problems.

Right, but your complaint was that it used the stock weak mounts. The only potentially weak stock mounts are the lower axle side mounts, and for $100, you can buy new heavier duty mounts if you're really worried about it. Mine has been on for comin on 3 yrs or so now, and no problems.

The top drivers side mount is strong. The rest are weak for non-disconnect axles. As you stated the lowers are soft and generally poorly attached and the passenger side upper is a joke (but that's generally the deleted one).

KCsurfer420;245376379.... and I after closer inspection the hime is to small for the threded part on the bar....... o well ...........:[/QUOTE said:
I'm assuming you are stating the threaded shank of the heim was not properly sized to the threaded bore of the track-bar. Did you use the heim supplied with the "bar", or use a different one? While you have every right to assume the correct heim was supplied, you owe it to yourself to check the fit of each component supplied; the life you save may be your own.
Have you determined precisely what the thread-sizes are for the bar and heim? Personally measure them? At least after the fact, I would have measured these components before calling the MFG. If the shank was too small, the fit should have been sloppy--giving you a clew something was amiss.

I'm assuming you are stating the threaded shank of the heim was not properly sized to the threaded bore of the track-bar. Did you use the heim supplied with the "bar", or use a different one? While you have every right to assume the correct heim was supplied, you owe it to yourself to check the fit of each component supplied; the life you save may be your own.
Have you determined precisely what the thread-sizes are for the bar and heim? Personally measure them? At least after the fact, I would have measured these components before calling the MFG. If the shank was too small, the fit should have been sloppy--giving you a clew something was amiss.

Your conclusion and mine are exactly the same.
Assuming the thread sizes were not correct, the installer should have noticed it an did something about it insteadat the time of installation.
Continously having to tighten the lock nut is a clue that something is wrong and warrant further inspection.
I think that before the two pieces seperate there would be some sloppyness in the handling of XJ and possibly some noise. Did the driver notice any of these symptoms?

Agreed, especially someone who " builds rock crawlers" like him should be able to notice the slop in a threaded heim when he's simply adjusting the length before even mounting it up.

I'm confused. To the people saying it's a manufacturing defect...when did Rock Kraler start manufacturing heim joints?

What size heim joint is it anyway?

And as far as "precisely measuring the thread size"...give me a break. If it threaded in, it was the right one. Not passing judgement on what happened here but nitpicking safety nazis are almost as annoying as the whining OP.

To the OP...before you drink a pot of coffee, take some non-blurry closeup shots of the inside threads on the trackbar, that's really what we need to see here.

Back