• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Robin Williams Movie Prop XJ

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Kind of shitty to bring the thing out now. Owner is likely trying to capitalize on the media attention and/or death surrounding this man. I don't think this fits the personality of many here, but here it is anyways.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherok...adbbe2191&item=321514250641&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$_12.JPG

The only thing of value there is the 4.10 gears in it. 2.5 auto. Ewww.

IF it has 4.10's. They put 3.73's in them a lot then too. I'd buy it over that crap Chevy powered xj any day.

If I'm not mistaken 2.5l auto is 4.56 not 4.10 which the manual 2.5l had 4.10

You are mistaken. :gag: That was a rumored option though. I owned an 84 for 5 years and spent many times to yards and never once saw a 4.56 geared one. Actually mine was a 5 speed and had 3.73 gears.

My MJ axles came out of a 84, 2.5, auto XJ. They are in fact both geared to 4:56. I have another set of XJ axles out of an 85 that are 4:56 gears as well.

They are out there. They are rare but I have bought 3 different sets of them so far.

The 2.5L/AW4 combo got 4.56's. Whatever the other auto was got different gear sets.

JIM.

My MJ axles came out of a 84, 2.5, auto XJ. They are in fact both geared to 4:56. I have another set of XJ axles out of an 85 that are 4:56 gears as well.

They are out there. They are rare but I have bought 3 different sets of them so far.

Where did you find them? Cali?

The 2.5L/AW4 combo got 4.56's. Whatever the other auto was got different gear sets.

JIM.

I've never seen an AW4 in a 2.5L either. The other auto is a torque flight 909 iirc. Number may be wrong but I know its a torque flight. I really think its my location. Seems like the xj's in the SE didn't get all the goodies.

The 86 Comanche came with the 2.5, AW4 combo. I bought two sets in California and my most recent pair in Georgia.

This issue has been discussed for over a decade. The dealer could specify the ratio they wanted. There was a dealer down in AZ that put 4.56's in a ton of early XJ's. I have personally seen two that migrated to Colorado. I have also seen a couple of forest service rigs with 4.56's.

So, while there was a "default" gear ratio in most rig/motor/tranny/towing package combinations, it isn't set in stone.

Shit like this, denying something you havent seen ever existed, is why robin off'd himself.

I cant say i blame him, its pretty annoying =)

One of our locals has a 2.5l/aw4 XJ with 4.56 gears.

The same 4.56 gears that everyone has seen in every 2.5l/aw4 rig. :)

Back