• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Road Trip: Vegas, Moab, Aspen, Santa Fe, Grand Canyon

swbooking

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna be leaving Saturday.

Staying in Vegas, driving through Moab, staying is Aspen, going to the Coors Brewery, then staying in Santa Fe, then to the Grand Canyon and back to San Diego.

We have a few things planned, no wheeling i wont be in my rig.

Anyone got any suggestions for anything else that we should do while were out. We should be gone for 9 or 10 days.

just got back from moab, fantastic. you should at least rent a jeep for the afternoon and check out hells revenge

if you swing by Durango, you could do the RR

just got back from moab, fantastic. you should at least rent a jeep for the afternoon and check out hells revenge

Yeah i thought about it, but i dont think id feel right wheeling Moab the for the first time without my jeep :D

karstic said:
if you swing by Durango, you could do the RR

hmmm that looks pretty cool, ill check it out. Thanks for the tip.

On your way from Vegas to Moab: Brice Canyon, Zion Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Capital Reef. Just outside(east side) of Moab, Arches national monument. If your route on the way back swings down to I-40, there's the meteor crater about an hour east of Flagstaff.

oh nice, that meteor crater might be pretty sweet to see Ill check that out. Thanks!

Dude, you're more than welcome to stay with me and my family at our place south of Santa Fe if you want to save some money. We live about an hour south of Santa Fe up in the mountains east of Albuquerque.

Thanks Brady I appreciate the offer. Im not sure what the plans are for NM. We might just be driving through (I didnt make the itinerary lol)

With 4 of us going, i wouldnt want to be a bother though.

There is also the Grand Canyon Railway, its an awesome way to go to the Canyon instead of just driving (its where I work, so I get to ride every day LOL).

http://www.thetrain.com/

If you're not up for the all-day trip on the train, at least swing through my town here, Williams, AZ. Its a really cool town about 30 miles west of Flagstaff on I-40, lots of neat Route 66 history and memorabilia.

http://www.nps.gov/band

Just north of Santa Fe...If you are in to Ruins.

Thanks for the link. We'll definitely check those out ruins are pretty sweet.

SonicCougar99 said:
There is also the Grand Canyon Railway, its an awesome way to go to the Canyon instead of just driving (its where I work, so I get to ride every day LOL).

http://www.thetrain.com/

If you're not up for the all-day trip on the train, at least swing through my town here, Williams, AZ. Its a really cool town about 30 miles west of Flagstaff on I-40, lots of neat Route 66 history and memorabilia.

Yeah, actually i stayed a night in Williams one time when i was a kid. I remember going through all the memorabilia shops and stuff. I also remember that i wanted to ride that train to the Grand Canyon but I think with like 10 kids plus all the adults, it was expensive. Ill have to check that out though i think itd be fun.

Also, if you guys know of any favorite restaurants that we should try along the way post up. Im always down for good food. :D

Also, if you guys know of any favorite restaurants that we should try along the way post up. Im always down for good food. :D

From Moab to Aspen, Stop in Grand Junction (The Ale House) good food and micro brew.

Also you have to stop in Glenwood Springs, the Hot springs and the Fairy Caves are pretty cool to see. Out side Glenwood, stop at the Hanging lake exit for a cool hike to a small natural lake, Well worth the hike.

Have fun :)

I should say I hate you, but I don't. You will probably get lost and run out of gas along with a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. You'll end up with a cold or the flu and feel miserable until a week after you have been home but with your family telling you how much fun they had, you'll feel crappy for at least two more weeks. No I don't hate you.

Have a great trip dude... Pics!!

Mike

In Williams

Burgers/steaks/BBQ/etc
Cruisers Cafe 66
233 W Route 66
Williams, AZ 86046

Buffalo Pointe Inn
437 W Route 66
Williams, AZ 86046

Mexican food
Rosa's Cantina
411 N Grand Canyon Blvd
Williams, AZ 86046

Pancho Magillicuddy's
141 W Railroad Ave
Williams, AZ 86046

After-dinner dessert
Pine Country Restaurant for pie
107 N Grand Canyon Blvd
Williams, AZ 86046

Twisters 50's Soda Fountain for ice cream/shakes/sundaes
417 E Route 66
Williams, AZ 86046

Breakfast
Pine Country

Old Smokey's
624 W Route 66
Williams, AZ 86046

Lunch
Grand Canyon Cafe for the House Special chicken (be careful, its spicy!!!)
110 E Route 66
Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Hope that helps!!

Back